Options

Quick Settings for gallery settings not working!

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited July 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to create a NEW gallery setting, but I've tried saving it at least 4 times under different names and it is NOT working and it's driving me crazy!

I've actually had this problem in the past, but decided it was an IBM error. (You know, idiot behind machine.) But this time, I am convinced it's NOT me...

HELP! It's making my life harder by not being able to do this!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    I know there no reason for me ask, but I will (afraid andi will slap me).
    Are you pressing the "save" button after you select the new settings and name them?:hide
    Does this happen with all your browsers?
    If you want to, you can email or post the settings, setting name and the gallery you need the new settings and I'll see if I can take care of it.
    email attn:rich help at smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2007
    richW wrote:
    I know there no reason for me ask, but I will (afraid andi will slap me).
    Are you pressing the "save" button after you select the new settings and name them?:hide
    Does this happen with all your browsers?
    If you want to, you can email or post the settings, setting name and the gallery you need the new settings and I'll see if I can take care of it.
    email attn:rich help at smugmug.com

*smacks head*

SAVE! I had never seen that button before!!!rolleyes1.gif

Actually, I'm VERY confused... I just created a new one called "Archived - hidden" and it works fine. Then I tried to create another one in a different gallery called "TB Wedding" and it didn't get made! Maybe it's something with the gallery itself? I dunno.

I'll send you links via email with the information for which galleries (pw protected so I'd rather not post that here). I did it identically each time - and i've made and deleted them many times before without issues.

Thanks!
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 2, 2007
    *smacks head*

SAVE! I had never seen that button before!!!rolleyes1.gif

Actually, I'm VERY confused... I just created a new one called "Archived - hidden" and it works fine. Then I tried to create another one in a different gallery called "TB Wedding" and it didn't get made! Maybe it's something with the gallery itself? I dunno.

I'll send you links via email with the information for which galleries (pw protected so I'd rather not post that here). I did it identically each time - and i've made and deleted them many times before without issues.

Thanks!
    Make sure you don't have an apostrophe or parenthesis in the password hint field. There is a known bug that will prevent your quick settings from being saved.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2007
    Andi, Did you get your settings taken care of? I haven't seen an email from you. Let me know....thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2007
    Actually, I didn't remove the parentheses and it worked just fine! Just the apostrophe.....

But now everyone thinks I'm grammatically incorrect...:cry rolleyes1.gif

Seriously, that's totally cool. I got it taken care of and I'm in good shape! (Sorry I didn't reply earlier - LOTS going on here!)

Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2007
    Actually, I didn't remove the parentheses and it worked just fine! Just the apostrophe.....

But now everyone thinks I'm grammatically incorrect...:cry rolleyes1.gif

Seriously, that's totally cool. I got it taken care of and I'm in good shape! (Sorry I didn't reply earlier - LOTS going on here!)

Thanks again!!!
    You're Welcome....thumb.gif
  • Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Make sure you don't have an apostrophe or parenthesis in the password hint field. There is a known bug that will prevent your quick settings from being saved.

(Greg slaps forehead.) So that's the problem! Thanks! I've been cursing that "not working" for months now!

For what it's worth, the html escape sequence ' will give an apostrophe and pass the test.

I also noticed that the PhotoRank picker is now included in the bulk settings. Not sure how long that's been fixed, but thanks. thumb.gif