Options

FS: 75-300 Canon lens IS

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 9, 2005 in Flea Market
I wrote this when Erik, The Doctor It, had his for sale. I, too, am changing things around. I would like to get the 70-200 Canon lens, but I don't have that much money left. I will sell my lens, just like Eric's lens, but not much else is the same. It is partly funny, but look, the lens is good!

I have one that is not in as good a shape as Erik's.......... I was keeping it, because i have a gap in lens sizes. I wouldn't mind selling it, though.

It has: no box, no papers, well I think I do have the manual that came with it, kind of banged up. Not the lens, the paper manual, but I don't use it much, is very readable. It does not have its own lens cap, nor the back thing, but I can provide those, I rotate the ones I have. I have had a UV filter on it just about the whole time I have had it, a year now. No hood, did it come with one?

The lens itself is in good shape. All the photos I posted on the Challenge 32 thread by ginger, those were all taken with this lens.

Now doesn't that make the one there sound good. After he sells his, I will see what I can get for mine. The lens is good, my husband throws out all boxes and paper he can get his hands on.

It has been used on the beach. Etc. I will try to post a photo later, but I don't have the white paper........well, it is here. JUst looked, it is on my camera now. I am going out with it later, but am not planning to use it. Anyway, it looks like the picture, without the boxes, hood and stuff. I don't see any scuffs on the lens at all.

gotta go, if I sell this, I have to get the 70-200, and this is the only way I can do that. I would be pushing it as it is. I have often talked about this as a crummy lens, but it has been pretty good with the D20.

ginger (Boy am I a great sales person, or what!)icon10.gif (I didn't mention the rain,yelrotflmao.gif )

I would like to say that I do love my photography equipment, and it is really in pretty good shape. I could go on being funny, but my dogs and my photography stuff are the two things I protect with my life.

All I have said about the lack of a box, etc, all is true, and I am sorry, but I did use it on the beach, but it works, look at the pictures it takes.

I only called it crummy because I really wanted a 400mm "bird" lens, didn't get it either.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    n/m I'm so confused.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 9, 2005
    A little help for Ginger since she asked - I just sold mine for (let's call it) $380 with "special" shipping to MI from MA. I'm anal, so I had boxes for lens and lens hood and even all the bags it came in, nevermind scuffs of any sort - yeah righ, I'd have a heart attack if that happened lol3.gif

This is the part Ginger was unsure of, the hood is worth $35 alone as it does NOT come with the lens. I had one. I'd say start the asking at $345.

Did that help? ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    A little help for Ginger since she asked - I just sold mine for (let's call it) $380 with "special" shipping to MI from MA. I'm anal, so I had boxes for lens and lens hood and even all the bags it came in, nevermind scuffs of any sort - yeah righ, I'd have a heart attack if that happened lol3.gif

This is the part Ginger was unsure of, the hood is worth $35 alone as it does NOT come with the lens. I had one. I'd say start the asking at $345.

Did that help? ne_nau.gif
    Kind of. I don't know how to sell it anyplace else, and I find it difficult to figure out how to sell a perfectly good lens that has absolutely nothing with it, I am so non anal.........well, skip that, I just got back from shooting in a downpour that did not stop. No, not that lens, I keep my lens and my camera, the whole bit under my coat, but I can't say I don't take my camera to the beach, etc.

My husband's boss bought my camera. Bill said first off he said, "you can tell she took this to the beach". Well that was a while back, I have been hanging at the creek, no sand there. Of course, his boss is anal, too. No dogs in the van that are not crated.........no dog hair. He seems happy with the camera.

But I don't want to mislead people. I am trying to sell it here, I have to live here, so to speak........I really don't want to mislead anyone. That helps with you giving me that price, Erik. Boxes are pretty, but they aren't worth much as the camera works.

Bill works at a photography studio, he can wrap the lens very nicely. Pack it and ship it.

I would leave the UV filter on it. The filter may have a scratch, I don't want to take it off, even to ship, as it is protection. Also I would need a different one anyway. I would still have to ship it and all. And the lens I want to get is about 300.00 more.

If you legitimately found something wrong with the lens, I would take it back, but I can't imagine what you could find wrong.

So, as Erik suggested, I am asking 345.00. That way his buyer got a bargain with a hood and pretty boxes, and my buyer gets a bargain with less money and can buy his/her own hood.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.