Options

I did my first senior picture session

~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
edited July 7, 2007 in People
Let me know what you think! Poses, etc. was all new to me.

1. 170043814-M.jpg

170043849-M.jpg

170043929-M.jpg

170048458-M.jpg

170044233-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited July 6, 2007
    continued...

170044460-M.jpg

170044763-M.jpg

170048454-M.jpg

170044960-M-1.jpg

170045093-M.jpg

170043243-M.jpg
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    Let me know what you think! Poses, etc. was all new to me.

Wow! You could have fooled me Jan! Sure looks like you know what you're doing, I like every last one of them. This gal should be really pleased!!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    I seem to be saying this a lot on here. Maybe it is because it is sumnmer time!

Beatiful shots of a beautiful girl! clap.gifclap.gif

You should both be pleased!!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    FANTASTIC SERIES OF SHOTSthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Gorgeous! Job very well done!! I think she'll love them, my faves are #9 and 11. clap.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Sooooo nice, Jan! Congratulations on a very successful first senior portrait session! I'll just bet it won't be your last! clap.gifwings.gif

EDIT - my faves are 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 11
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    I am not crazy about 4 and 7. It is a combination of pink bricks and centered subject in 4 and I wat to see her face in 7. I very much like ALL of the rest, however my favs are 3 and 5. 3 is a stunner, and I just like the pose in 5
  • Options
    Kevin L. KitchensKevin L. Kitchens Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Look good. You should clone out that silly nose booger stud though. :)
    Kevin L. Kitchens
    "Know me through my lens."
    My smugmug: http://peiklk.smugmug.com
    My site: http://www.photographyvoice.com [POTD, Blog, News, & more!]
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2007
    My husband said the same thing about the nose ring. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    Kevin L. KitchensKevin L. Kitchens Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    ~Jan~ wrote:
    My husband said the same thing about the nose ring. Laughing.gif

He has taste!!! Seriously hate it when you see those or they open their mouth and a tongue stud is in there. But some really nice shots in there. Food for thought for our own photo sessions.
    Kevin L. Kitchens
    "Know me through my lens."
    My smugmug: http://peiklk.smugmug.com
    My site: http://www.photographyvoice.com [POTD, Blog, News, & more!]
  • Options
    stirfrystirfry Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    WOW, you're first one? bowdown.gif the poses look great, I'd have never guessed otherwise.

I know she had to be THRILLED with how they turned out. I like #2 the best, ... it looks like you really captured her essence in both it and #11.

#13 .. she looks like she would have a really prominent profile. I'd have loved to see just a hint more of her face to showcase that strong, beautiful nose.

And FWIW I happen to love the l'il nosestud thumb.gif it's a great nose, why NOT decorate it?! :D
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Great shots !

My favorites: #2, 8,9,11!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    J KaceyJ Kacey Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    Great jobthumb.gif I bet she is thrilled with your work
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Jan,

Lovely work!

Question. Being from Australia, I have never heard of senior portraits (until I joined this forum that is - must admit the very first time I saw "senior portraits" as a title, I thought they would be photos of old peoplerolleyes1.gif)

Are 'seniors' leaving school?? Is it a common thing to get photos when you leave school?
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Jan, I think you have taken some fantatic shots there... great work!

/craig.
    craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
    [
    crgphotography.smugmug.com ]
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    christulk wrote:
    Jan,

Lovely work!

Question. Being from Australia, I have never heard of senior portraits (until I joined this forum that is - must admit the very first time I saw "senior portraits" as a title, I thought they would be photos of old peoplerolleyes1.gif)

Are 'seniors' leaving school?? Is it a common thing to get photos when you leave school?

Yes a senior is one that is graduating from either High School or getting a Bachelors Degree fron a college in the USA......I know friends in the Czech Republic say that graduation from even college is no big deal like here in the US...

Yes it is a very common thing to get senior pics done and also to have a Pro photg at the graduation ceremony for photos crossing the stage to recieve your diploma and then after coming off the stage in front of your state and american flags and then more photos with family and frinds while still in the graduation costume....... -
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited July 7, 2007
    Around here senior portraits are always of high school seniors. I don't think graduating college is a big deal here. I've never heard of a college grad party, etc.

This girl graduated this past spring. Usually, senior pics are done the summer or fall before, but her mom wouldn't do them for her. I did it for free because she's living with a woman I teach with (this woman took her on and became her guardian).
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    My favorite is 6 followed by 3 and 11. I like 9 but it is little too bright as compared to #11. How many different locations did you go to?
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Thanks for filling me in on the story behind senior portraits.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    My favorite is 6 followed by 3 and 11. I like 9 but it is little too bright as compared to #11. How many different locations did you go to?

We went to 2 locations. The woodsy ones are in a state park (actually went to 2 places w/in the park) and "urban" ones are in our town. We parked and walked around 2 city blocks and stopped where we saw something cool. The flowers are actually from a little "pocket park" in that 2 block area. She was such a fun model that I didn't stop until I'd filled up 2 memory cards. :D