Options

Movie Still Clips - F-828 Dog Run

nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited February 9, 2005 in Landscapes
Hello All,

Here are Still images clipped from a - 640 Standard - movie of
the Dog Run at Union Square Park, New York City.

During lunch, I sometimes take such movies to show my wife on the TV once I get home. Once viewed I erase them. The 640 Standard setting allows me a long movie with pretty good TV viewing for my wife to see.

These still clips were Auto corrected for Color and Levels, and a default Shadow Hightlight in PS. Then I reduced them for to approx 4.4" x 4" at 72dpi.

The Jack Russel Terrier was the boss of the Dog Run:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/389195

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2005
    Hey nick,

As I recall, someone asked why you don't just direct-link your images into your posts. And also as I recall, your response was something about saving dgrin bandwidth. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I didn't get a chance to respond to that particular thread, but essentially when you direct-link an image from a hosting site, it consumes very little bandwidth...nothing near that of attachments. In fact, the big hit to bandwidth is on smugmug (or whichever host site you use), and for that, it makes no difference whether you point someone to the site with a link or an embedded direct-linked image.

Does that make sense? So thanks for your concern, but please feel free to direct-link images into your dgrin posts using the IMG tags.

Cheers,
    fish
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Movie Still Clips - F-828 Dog Run
    fish wrote:
    Hey nick,

As I recall, someone asked why you don't just direct-link your images into your posts. And also as I recall, your response was something about saving dgrin bandwidth. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I didn't get a chance to respond to that particular thread, but essentially when you direct-link an image from a hosting site, it consumes very little bandwidth...nothing near that of attachments. In fact, the big hit to bandwidth is on smugmug (or whichever host site you use), and for that, it makes no difference whether you point someone to the site with a link or an embedded direct-linked image.

Does that make sense? So thanks for your concern, but please feel free to direct-link images into your dgrin posts using the IMG tags.

Cheers,
    fish

Hello Fish and All,

I am now confused. (not unusual).

I insert a link to my site for 2 reasons, I am on dial-up and also they to limit bandwidth usage on DigitalGrin.

Maybe if you can explain what an 'embedded direct-linked image' is it might help clear this up for me.

Regards, Nicholas
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005