Options

Remote resease for 30D

JoemessJoemess Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited July 9, 2007 in Accessories
I am looking for a remote release, either wired or wireless, and found this one on B+H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/445043-REG/Dot_Line_RS_RT04_C3_Wireless_RF_Remote_Release.html

for a more manageable link

http://tinyurl.com/3cnq6k

One side question is that the plug looks wrong for a 30D.

Anyone have any experience with it? Any other recommendations? I know there are likely some cheaper ones on Ebay, but I don't do Ebay....

I would live to have a canon brand, but they seem a little too pricey.

Andrew
“Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
[John Muir]

Comments

• Options
    gryphonslair99gryphonslair99 Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    That is the right release for the 30D. The just put the picture up for the XTI/Rebel release. I have the same one and it works just fine. The build leaves a bit to be desired, but it has never failed me.

As for a wired release, I hate to post another fourms product, but this is a dandy inovation IMO for the wired release. Sure cheaper than paying Canon $75.00 for an extension if you need one.

http://www.procameragear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=157&osCsid=8kvfb1ibhnik4lg3rsfbnus115
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    Save your money and get one off eBay. Search for "30d wireless" and scroll down to the one that costs $34.95 plus $10 shipping. The seller ID is gadgetinfinity. There are SEVERAL Grinners that have bought this exact one of eBay, me included, and so far I have not seen anyone complain about it. Works like a charm.

Unless the photo is the only thing wrong on the B&H posting, the plug is definitely wrong. It needs to fit the three pin remote release socket.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    I have the one Terrence is talking about and it rocks.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2007
    Thanks for the help folks, the one that Terrance pointed me to looks pretty much exactly like the ones I was looking at elsewhere. As to Ebay, like I said...I don't use it.

Andrew
    “Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
    [John Muir]
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Yeah $35 vs $99 to have it "branded" by B&H or Adorama. Your choice. Same item.
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2007
    Pindy wrote:
    Yeah $35 vs $99 to have it "branded" by B&H or Adorama. Your choice. Same item.[/quote

Its not about brand. I prefer to not shop via Ebay. Where in my first post or second post not make that clear? I knew when I asked my question that there are cheaper alternatives on Ebay and that is why I put the disclaimer in.

So, lets see, to shop via ebay, Iwould need to register with them (Ebay), have a pay pal account (gotta register with them too), etc. No thanks. I have had my identity stolen once already and would like to limit it again in the future. The Item is shipping FROM Hong Kong. Again, no thanks.

In addition, I am not buying this as "me" I am buying it for my Lab on a research budget. Think I can get a Paypal account for that? Nope.

I also do not think that I made price a big concern other than saying that the Canon brands were a little steep. $99 bucks to do business with a name I trust? You betcha everytime.

I know when you cast a question onto a message forum you never know what you are going to get..so I guess I should not be surprised that the ONE caveat I put in my post is ignored.

Andrew
    [John Muir]
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    We were just offering advice and an alternative. Sorry it wasn't the advice you wanted. Of course, B&H, Adorama or any of the good shops are a sure thing. Happy hunting.
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen