Options

Mary and Jesus

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was going to grand mosque in islamabad i think you have seen it in my gallery.in my way i saw this there was a painting of Jesus and Marry on wall of house in colony where mostly christens live it is way near to my home.
this was much appropriate for 7/7/7 over mosque photo i shot today.
After heavy rain people were repairing power cable.

do Mary and Jesus look relaxed in this photo ? do this photo has any relaxed feelings.I have other dimension of Sedate in it i fear if i mention it will need huge explaination so find it for your self:wink

170544630-L.jpg

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Awais, I was just browsing through your SmugMug site. Beautiful photographs! The photo of Jesus and Mary is great and does express a feeling of 'sedate' through their expressions. It's also a very nice shot. I don't think the gentlemen in the photograph add to it though. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2007
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Awais, I was just browsing through your SmugMug site. Beautiful photographs! The photo of Jesus and Mary is great and does express a feeling of 'sedate' through their expressions. It's also a very nice shot. I don't think the gentlemen in the photograph add to it though. Just my opinion.

Thanks Dave. I agree about those gentlmen but i thought to add scale and little story of 7/7/7 that repair works were going on.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Thanks Dave. I agree about those gentlmen but i thought to add scale and little story of 7/7/7 that repair works were going on.
    Beautiful shot.

When I first saw it in a small window, I could only see down to Jesus' elbow, it does seem peaceful, sedate.

When I opened the window, saw the full image... the men standing in the torn up ground... it reminded me of the damage done in war... suddenly Mary looked sad.

It is amazing how images speak to us when when different elements are shown.
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Awais, I thought your photo was so thought provoking with many meanings. And the portrayal of the work involved in rebuilding...with just two shovels, really touched my heart.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007

They do add a reference for scale. It also expresses a story and is really a great photograph. I also saw it in the 7/7/7 thread, nice addition to that collection as well.