Options

75-300mm IS Lense

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited February 10, 2005 in Cameras
I'm buying one. This would be good for at yosemite right?
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    I'm buying one. This would be good for at yosemite right?
    All lenses will be good at Yosemite, from macro to wide angle to zoom to pinhole.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 9, 2005
    my lens is going to Yosemite without me! umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    Yup Doctor it sure is.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    Hey, Erik, if you sold yours to a Yosemite person, maybe you could sell mine. Of course, I would not expect to get what you did, neither would I give it away.

And for someone going to Yosemite, well, check out my photos with this lens. Lots of birds in the landscape thread, and they are better with the 20D.

Plus, as I said, everything I put on my chal 32 comments thread. I will ship, but I need money if I am going to get the other lens. On the other hand, this is cheaper than some, and if you just want to take it to Yosemite, have some fun, see if you like it, sell it if you don't. Keep it if you do. Hey, anyone has to be a better salesperson than I am.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    Is there a 70-300 IS lens AND a 70-300 DO IS in the Canon line up? Or are you talking about the same lens?
    I have the DO model (short little stubby fella) and I'd really recommend it. It has become the lens that lives on my camera.
    Up until today I mostly limited it to daytime shots and it has performed real well....the range is cool. But tonight I took it down to the sun set place and check this out...goooood lens!!!!!

Would this be a good one for Yosemite?
    Right into the EYE OF THE SUN (but Momma, that's where the fun is!!!!!!) YEAH!!!!
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited February 9, 2005
    lark wrote:
    Is there a 70-300 IS lens AND a 70-300 DO IS in the Canon line up? Or are you talking about the same lens?
    I have the DO model (short little stubby fella) and I'd really recommend it. It has become the lens that lives on my camera.
    Up until today I mostly limited it to daytime shots and it has performed real well....the range is cool. But tonight I took it down to the sun set place and check this out...goooood lens!!!!!

Would this be a good one for Yosemite?
    Right into the EYE OF THE SUN (but Momma, that's where the fun is!!!!!!) YEAH!!!!

Very nice sunset Lark.. A good demonstration of the ability of your lens. I like the 70-300 DO IS also. Small, light, easy to carry, and very handy.

Fish won't like your picture 'cause he thinks he doesn't like DO lenses although he doesn't own one Hey, Fish. I'm not the only person who like the 70-300 DO IS blbl.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 10, 2005
    I'm guessing that in Yosemite, there will be plenty of glass to go around nod.gif

But yes. That 70-300 can be put to great use!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Fish won't like your picture 'cause he thinks he doesn't like DO lenses although he doesn't own one Hey, Fish. I'm not the only person who like the 70-300 DO IS blbl.gif

Don't be so sensitive, pathy. I never said the lens sucked...I only said the bokeh sucked. And it does. naughty.gif I'm sure it's a fine lens.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson