Options

My first TTD

fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited July 9, 2007 in Weddings
Well, I did my first Trash the Dress session. I am pleased, but look back at at lot I'd like to do differently. I wish I'd given her more direction instead of basically just "touching up" the poses she was doing. Anyhow, here's a few samples of the day! (On the plus side, it only took about 35 minutes and we got a ton of shots that she really likes!)
#1 One of the first shots we did- she was a little nervous still...
169197271-S.jpg
169196869-S.jpg

169196622-S.jpg

169196840-S.jpg

169197332-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Trash the Dress event?

ann
  • Options
    fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    It's a session done after the wedding (for obvious reasons!) in which the bride is posed in less "formal" poses which may (or may not) get the dress dirty. Sometimes it's called a "Day After Session". The idea is for the bride to get some great shots of herself without worrying about the dress getting messed up. Some people are pretty extreme (check out http://www.trashthedress.com) and others are fairly conservative. I plan on doing sessions in which the dress can be dry cleaned and be pretty much the same as before. The sessions are done at lots of different locations, i.e. river/pond, car wash, urban setting, etc. They are a lot of fun and I want to add this to some of my wedding packages, but needed some examples so this bride agreed to some "trial" shots! She loved it, but it's definitely not for everyone!
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2007
    Hmm... maybe I should get my wedding dress out and try this. :D Nice photos!