Options

WTB: 1D manual

ChrisPChrisP Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
edited July 12, 2007 in House of Canon
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a printed manual for the original Canon 1D. I have a 5D manual to trade if you're interested.

I acquired the 5D manual when the owner of the 1D I purchased included it by mistake. I have been unable to return it and have no use of it.

Email works best for me: j.heartland@gmail.com

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    From google.

http://beta00.c-wss.com/inc/servlet/wwux.wwuc.filedownload.servlet.WWUCDownloadFromAkamaiServlet?absolutePath=/downloadFiles_inc/00004052EN0106/EOS1DIM-EN.pdf

Does this work? Otherwise do a google search im sure some websites will have it to download. thumb.gif
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Here's another link for a download directly from Canon...

http://canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp?pid=97
  • Options
    ChrisPChrisP Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    Thanks for the links. I found the PDF quickly after purchase but I'd really like a dead tree, ink on paper version as well. I'm not really an online docs kind of guy plus it's hard to hold a 17" monitor on my lap at bedtime.

Chris
  • Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    Print it out???
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    I have in the past been able to obtain a new printed copy of a manual directly from Canon for a small fee... I think we paid $5 per copy maybe? Now admittedly, we were asking for 10 copies of each of 2 manuals for use in a school setting... but as willing as they were to help us, I doubt they'd not help an individual. A quick check on their website gets this contact information for their parts desk:
    To order an internal replacement part, please call 1-800-828-4040. The hours of operation are 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. EST from Monday to Friday. When calling, speak the term "order parts" when the speech routing system asks the reason for your call. You will immediately be routed to the Parts Desk for assistance.

From the context I lifted that from I think that's the right group.... but then I also seem to recall we did a number of "oh, you need to talk to ____... here's the number." I'm pretty certain it was a parts desk we ended up talking to that said "no problem, what's the document number on the back of the manuals you have?" (I think you can get that from the pdf version.)
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/