Options

wedding album?

akendallakendall Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited July 11, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone have any light to shed on which albums to use for say, under $100?
I need albums with nice canvas or leather/pleather covers, and formatted inside for either slips or brackets for 4x6 or 5x7 prints. A decent and respectable proof album without the spiral binding. I need several with slots for 50, 100 and 150 prints. Ive looked at albumsinc.com, and I just dont know. Ideas? Thank a million!!
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    akendall wrote:
    Anyone have any light to shed on which albums to use for say, under $100?
    I need albums with nice canvas or leather/pleather covers, and formatted inside for either slips or brackets for 4x6 or 5x7 prints. A decent and respectable proof album without the spiral binding. I need several with slots for 50, 100 and 150 prints. Ive looked at albumsinc.com, and I just dont know. Ideas? Thank a million!!
    Cheers

Target, Target.com....

Local photography stores.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I have used this proof albums from ablums inc.

http://www.albumsinc.com/catalog.asp?ProductKey={61356AED-842D-4296-A8AA-31537E34ACB0}

Runs about $17.

It has 25 pages, each page holds 4 pics, and you can order extra packs of inserts to put in. I have gotten over 50 pages in one easily for 200 photos.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2007
    Then the same brand these albums

http://www.albumsinc.com/catalog.asp?CategoryKey={B0E5B4F5-0F48-4787-A03F-893CC65CE59C}

cost in the mid 30's for the album and then the base pages and inserts run you another 35.

I haven't used these albums like I have the proof books. But they look to have the same build finish, etc. Not cheap looking, but durable. I could take some pics of the empty proof book I have if you want, but I think you get a good idea from the pics at the album inc site.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2007
    Lastly the link in your dgrin signature doesn't work for me properly. I had to retype the address. It keeps trying to send me to pages.alexkendallphotography.net
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    Thanks for the input! And yes, Ive been having problems with that pages.mydomain- cant figure out why. Fixed it though- please check out my page!
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    i would love some pix of the proof book! Also the link you sent me says that it no longer exists. What is the name of the book? Maybe I could find it elsewhere. Cheers!
  • Options
    PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2007
    I use TAP albums from Albumsinc as well. Decent quality, not the best but they are nice.

For my FINISHED work, I use a 10x10 Premira Album, they are AWESOME! Removeable pages, self adhesive, and full leather with a Cameo cover, the album with pages & shipping works out to about $165. (Won't work for 4x6, but I thought you might want to check it out.)
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    Poseidon wrote:
    I use TAP albums from Albumsinc as well. Decent quality, not the best but they are nice.

For my FINISHED work, I use a 10x10 Premira Album, they are AWESOME! Removeable pages, self adhesive, and full leather with a Cameo cover, the album with pages & shipping works out to about $165. (Won't work for 4x6, but I thought you might want to check it out.)

Thanks for the note- I just looked at the TAP albums. Do you find that the 'slip' for the pictures or the 'self-adhesive' for the pictures looks more 'professional? Which do you or your clients prefer?
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    akendall wrote:
    i would love some pix of the proof book! Also the link you sent me says that it no longer exists. What is the name of the book? Maybe I could find it elsewhere. Cheers!

Sorry didn't realize the links wouldn't work. Maybe they don't allow external linking, etc

Topflight, proof books, double proof books (100 capacity). I think they hold 100 pages, which could hold 400 pictures.

I haven't used the ablums from them (Topflight), I usually do Renaissance - Milano style albums. But they were in the price range you had down. They look as if they are similar in build to the proof books, which is solid but not high end looking.

If the link on the album doesn't work as well it was Topflight, Large and Small reversible post bound albums.

I will have to do the pics later today.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2007
    akendall wrote:
    Thanks for the note- I just looked at the TAP albums. Do you find that the 'slip' for the pictures or the 'self-adhesive' for the pictures looks more 'professional? Which do you or your clients prefer?

I like the slip in ones, you tape them down. But then I haven't use the self-adhesive. Good think about the slip ones, is you could change them out at a later date or replace damaged prints, etc.