Options

Finding out if when people order prints?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 10, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I have a pro account, but don't actually charge anything for smugmug prints (yes, I know, I should, but it only in about 20th place on my todo list, if that.)

But I constantly refer people to my smugmug galleries and tell them to buy prints when I don't want to print them myself (which I do for the ones I really love.) I'd like to be able to see a report of what prints I've "sold". Can I do this without charging for them?
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 10, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I have a pro account, but don't actually charge anything for smugmug prints (yes, I know, I should, but it only in about 20th place on my todo list, if that.)

But I constantly refer people to my smugmug galleries and tell them to buy prints when I don't want to print them myself (which I do for the ones I really love.) I'd like to be able to see a report of what prints I've "sold". Can I do this without charging for them?
    OK, so I set my "portfolio prices" to the smugmug defaults. Now, I'm a pro!

But seriously, there still is a problem. I have a zillion galleries (I didn't write smugmug.py for nothing). Now I want to apply these settings to all the galleries I already have. Do I really have to do this one at a time? Is it something smugmug.py could be taught to do? Or is there a simple trick?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    OK, so I set my "portfolio prices" to the smugmug defaults. Now, I'm a pro!

But seriously, there still is a problem. I have a zillion galleries (I didn't write smugmug.py for nothing). Now I want to apply these settings to all the galleries I already have. Do I really have to do this one at a time? Is it something smugmug.py could be taught to do? Or is there a simple trick?

I'm confused. If you set your portfolio price to something, its application is universal, even if you have tons of galleries.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    I'm confused. If you set your portfolio price to something, its application is universal, even if you have tons of galleries.

Is that true? The help page seems to indicate that it will only apply to new galleries.
    Now that you've set prices for your portfolio, you can ignore gallery (album) pricing. Your portolio prices are automatically applied to all new galleries you create.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    Is that true? The help page seems to indicate that it will only apply to new galleries.
    Now that you've set prices for your portfolio, you can ignore gallery (album) pricing. Your portolio prices are automatically applied to all new galleries you create.

Hmmm... that is confusing. But what I said is still correct. I just verified it. As long as you don't have an alumb or an image that over-rides a price, the portfolio price is what sticks. It is universal and retro-active.

I still wish pricing was easier on Smug. If the price of the different paper options was the same, then I could simply list "8x10 $15", rather than have three 8x10 entries. And having prices spread across regular, digital and speciality prints is still wierd.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Gallery pricing get's applied to all galleries old and new as long as there is no competing price at the album or picture level, though just to be safe you might want to log out and try buying prints from yourself (or do what I do, keep Firefox logged out and IE logged in so you can edit and double check at the same time).
    Richard