Options

SM .tif upload in the future?

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited July 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I searched to no avail on this question. Kinda surprised I didn't find anything though.

Doeas SM have plans to allow .tif files to be uploaded in the near or distant future?

Right now I have all my tif (post raw) files on my HD since I don't consider jpegs to be archive worthy. Kind of beats the purpose of file redundancy when I have to keep the native images on a local drive. Not to mention that it's a bit of a hassle to have a raw, tif & jpeg sub folder in each one of my picture folders.

I'd love to get these images off my HD. Not due to lack of space, but a peace of mind that the great ppl at SM will make sure my images are safe for as long as I am w/ them.

Fingers crossed.

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    edited July 12, 2007
    Per Andy's thread

bump

My belief that man is good and someone is just researching this is weakened when you get 43 views and not even an, "I'll look into that".
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Per Andy's thread

bump

My belief that man is good and someone is just researching this is weakened when you get 43 views and not even an, "I'll look into that".
    lol3.gif glad you bumped this!

We don't support TIFs, I'm sorry. I wish I had a better answer for you. Wait - I do! Do what I do, and keep your archival stuff on Amazon S3 :D I have 6 years of photos stored there, and I think my bill is about $15bucks a month. Way cheaper than what I'd spend on hard drives and aggravation.

Look into Jungle Disk, or Carbonite or similar services...
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2007
    tyvm Andy