Site outage, Thursday 7/12

GoodEyeGoodEye Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited July 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
My site and others are redirecting to the smugmug homepage...what's up?

Comments

• DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    My site down, or is it SM?
    Seems my site is down...is it just me or SM?

www.djkennedy.com
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    mine is down as well. says my login/password don't match when I try to sign in.
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    Not just you, I'm getting the message that appears during the weekly maintenance period.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • jevidonjevidon Registered Users Posts: 102 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    maintenance...:( i was in the middle of a major upload too.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 12, 2007
    scwalter wrote:
    Not just you, I'm getting the message that appears during the weekly maintenance period.

-Scott

Sorry folks, just had some hardware failure problems. We'll let you know what's up when we know.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited July 12, 2007

I was being sent to the SM page, but now it shows a disclaimer:

The wizards of Smug are working on a problem, so we're in window shopping mode. Sorry, and we'll be right back!

That didnt show up at first.

(shrug)

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited July 12, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry folks, just had some hardware failure problems. We'll let you know what's up when we know.

:P as long as I know it isn't on my end!

Computers are wonderful machines, when they work. lol

• Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    :P as long as I know it isn't on my end!

Computers are wonderful machines, when they work. lol

My thoughts exactly. But hey, this looks like a lot less than window shopping mode, I can't even view my galleries!

Of course I'm sure that by the time I click *post*, you'll have fixed the problem like you usually do, thus making me look dumb for whining.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited July 12, 2007
    Looks like it is a database problem.

This may take a while folks. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited July 12, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Looks like it is a database problem.

This may take a while folks. Sorry!

Dang it >:(<P>I had some info on some of my photos I needed to read for a shoot tonight lol - just figures.

OK...I have an hour, 90 mins tops before I gotta go shoot these photos!

edited July 12, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Dang it >:(<P>I had some info on some of my photos I needed to read for a shoot tonight lol - just figures.

OK...I have an hour, 90 mins tops before I gotta go shoot these photos!
    to the Smugmug overlords, any general time frame you are estimating before the sites come back up? I am supposed to have a portrait session from today uploaded for viewing this evening still.....
  • photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Grrrrrr. And I was in the middle of an upload, too.
  • jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Grrrrrr. And I was in the middle of an upload, too.
    Me too... :(
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Me too... :(

I was just about to upload a big gallery I promised I'd have up tonight. Not complaining! I know that the smugmug Gods have to do stuff too! But do we have any sort of time frame?
    Michelle
    edited July 12, 2007
    The wizards of Smug are working on a problem, so we're in window shopping mode. You can view all the photos you like, but for a few hours we're unable to sell prints or take new photos or comments. Sorry about the inconvenience - we're working on it as fast as we can!

I cant load the site, or see anything let alone any photos. and thats all i wanna do

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    MRudland wrote:
    I was just about to upload a big gallery I promised I'd have up tonight. Not complaining! I know that the smugmug Gods have to do stuff too! But do we have any sort of time frame?
    Michelle
    Sorry, no timeframe. Everyone is doing all they can to make this as short as possible.

I know it sucks. We regret this outage, very much.
    edited July 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry, no timeframe. Everyone is doing all they can to make this as short as possible.

I know it sucks. We regret this outage, very much.
    for me, a response from Andy is as good as an estimated return to normal service. Would it be possible to receive email notification when the service returns to normal? I will be away from my computer for the evening but will have my blackberry with me and would like to know when I can get to a computer and make the changes I needed to make before tomorrow.
  • mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    jevidon wrote:
    Would it be possible to receive email notification when the service returns to normal? I will be away from my computer for the evening but will have my blackberry with me and would like to know when I can get to a computer and make the changes I needed to make before tomorrow.

This would be a GREAT feature to add. There should be a setting to get an email when SM goes down and again when it comes back up.
    -- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
    http://www.michaelmcleod.com/
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    blowed up! eek! was about to upload a crapload of pics that people have been bugging me for too.. argh.
  • photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    blowed up! eek! was about to upload a crapload of pics that people have been bugging me for too.. argh.

Luckily, I only promised mine to be up by sometime this weekend. hahaha. I was bored so I've been doing a little at a time. Oh well. If Andy says they're working on it, then I shall be patient. The timing sucks, though. hahahaha
  • blackholewonblackholewon Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    oh relax
    anything that you need that desperately is better to not have at alllllll:fish

blackholewon
  • jestergx4jestergx4 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    I hope its sooner than later!

Joel Llacar
    Joel Llacar Photography

My Website
    My Blog

Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/joelllacar
    My Facebook Fan Page: Joel Llacar Photography

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Great temporary page. Let's everyone know that there is a problem and will be up shortly. I know I have been pretty absent from the forum lately, but I understand technical issues and know you guys are working on it. Hopefully you'll get some sleep tonight. I know the rest of us will as we trust (rightfully so) that we are in good hands.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
    edited July 12, 2007
    Luckily, I only promised mine to be up by sometime this weekend. hahaha. I was bored so I've been doing a little at a time. Oh well. If Andy says they're working on it, then I shall be patient. The timing sucks, though. hahahaha

cool thing about my innet is that i've got 10mbit upload... i do everything at once usually (half a gig here, half a gig there) and it only takes 9 or 10 minutes, tops.
    edited July 12, 2007
    Read-only mode is back. Site should be fully operation soon.

Again, sorry about this everyone.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • dgrinjacksondgrinjackson Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Good luck guys...god speed..

when you have a moment to breath give me a ring...my day job is helping folks with high availablity databases and hardware....failover, redundancy, disaster recovery...I can hook you up thumb.gifthumb.gif
    edited July 12, 2007
    Hang in there, hopefully not too much longer thumb.gif

We've got the site in Read-Only mode, so your sites are up. Can't add or otherwise change things, but your sites and photos are viewable.

Stay tuned.
    edited July 12, 2007
    Should be back to normal, folks.

Sorry for the outage.
    edited July 12, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Read-only mode is back. Site should be fully operation soon.

Again, sorry about this everyone.

r0x0r! and given that i have my own server as well...i know schmidt happens. it sux, but it does. you, personally, can't be blamed. and thus far, seems like you guys are rockin it with getting everyone back online ASAP. *thumbsup*
  • HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Thanks
    Andy wrote:
    Should be back to normal, folks.

Sorry for the outage.

Looks great. Thanks so much for the quick work! clap.gif