Site outage, Thursday 7/12

2»

Comments

• jevidonjevidon Registered Users Posts: 102 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    r0x0r! and given that i have my own server as well...i know schmidt happens. it sux, but it does. you, personally, can't be blamed. and thus far, seems like you guys are rockin it with getting everyone back online ASAP. *thumbsup*
    I love all of you Smugmug Demi-gods. You are and always will be heroes in my eyes.
  • com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Should be back to normal, folks.

Sorry for the outage.

whoa! that was fast! i'm about ta hit you guys with a gig of pics to test it out. :D
  • photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Should be back to normal, folks.

Sorry for the outage.

Yay! Thanks, Guys. And no apologies needed. Stuff happens. :)
  • HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    ???
    OOps, did we speak too soon? It appears to be down again.

...well, maybe not down...but waaaay slow all of a sudden.
  • photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    cool thing about my innet is that i've got 10mbit upload... i do everything at once usually (half a gig here, half a gig there) and it only takes 9 or 10 minutes, tops.

Yeah, well my computer is stupid. If I try to upload using anything other than basic uploader, it freezes. If I try to upload to SmugMug more than 10 images at a time, I get an error.
  • jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Looks to be working again?
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • HoyBoyHoyBoy Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Is the current slowness because so many people are now online due to the outage or is there something else driving it?

Page loads are taking 1-2 minutes. No exaggeration.
  • jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    HoyBoy wrote:
    Is the current slowness because so many people are now online due to the outage or is there something else driving it?

Glad it's not just me...
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown
  • chaberlackchaberlack Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    HoyBoy wrote:

Same here.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 12, 2007
    Looks like all is not well in SmugServerLand. We are back on the job!
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited July 12, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Looks like all is not well in SmugServerLand. We are back on the job!

rut-roh! i'm 653mb into my upload!
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    rut-roh! i'm 653mb into my upload!

Dayum, 653 megs of images all at once? Yowzer! What the heck are you shooting, if I may ask?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited July 12, 2007
    Dayum, 653 megs of images all at once? Yowzer! What the heck are you shooting, if I may ask?

=Matt=

it all finished @ 1001mb. http://4theriders.smugmug.com/gallery/3142148 <check it out, if it ever loads. :D
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    mpmcleod wrote:
    This would be a GREAT feature to add. There should be a setting to get an email when SM goes down and again when it comes back up.

I got e-mail and text messages when Smugmug went down and when it came back up. I use pingdom.com to monito my smugmug account and other high profile sites I host. Works like a charm. thumb.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    I got e-mail and text messages when Smugmug went down and when it came back up. I use pingdom.com to monito my smugmug account and other high profile sites I host. Works like a charm. thumb.gif

Awesome feature - but at $10 /mo it's a little more than I'd like to pay - like around $10 /mo :D

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."