Options

Children & Family Portraits

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited July 13, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi All,

Question for the professional portrait photographers:

On average how many prints and what size do your customers buy? I'm not after $ amounts but just trying to work out what an average customer purchases print wise. Amount of prints and sizes.

Look forward to your replies.

Cheers.
:D

Comments

• Options
    KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2007
    I have been struggling with trying to figure out what would be an appropriate 'package' to offer and what to charge.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2007
    I'm not a pro. But I do know business.
    Pricing and quantity should all be based on demographics IMO.

Talk to the local portrait studio phootgs. If your not comfortable w/ that, browse their websites for pricing structures.

People in affluent area are likely to spend much more on photos (also read: buy more prints) than a humble area.

Do some homework in your area then refine your question if you have any.
  • Options
    W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Pricing and quantity should all be based on demographics IMO.

Talk to the local portrait studio phootgs. If your not comfortable w/ that, browse their websites for pricing structures.

People in affluent area are likely to spend much more on photos (also read: buy more prints) than a humble area.

Do some homework in your area then refine your question if you have any.

Thanks for the replies guys however I was not after dollar amounts for prints. I have already worked out my costs.

My question was - How MANY prints and of what size do your clients buy?

I realise some areas will sell more than others etc... Just curious if your clients, on average, buy 10, 20, 30 prints... 8x10 or 20x30 etc...

Cheers.