Options

..images still processing?

jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
edited July 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Just curious.. I know there is a bit of lag on processing images during uploading, but this gallery I initiated and started loading to last evening (about 12 hours ago). In that batch were 309 pics. They have long since loaded and I was about to start loading more to that gallery when I noticed that on the first page, there are 3 photos still showing as "Processing Image" where the rest of that batch all seem to be complete.

http://jwwwebdesign.smugmug.com/gallery/3146918#P-1-15

..again.. not a biggie and just curious!!

thanks!
jww

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    jww wrote:
    Good morning! Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend!

Just curious.. I know there is a bit of lag on processing images during uploading, but this gallery I initiated and started loading to last evening (about 12 hours ago). In that batch were 309 pics. They have long since loaded and I was about to start loading more to that gallery when I noticed that on the first page, there are 3 photos still showing as "Processing Image" where the rest of that batch all seem to be complete.

http://jwwwebdesign.smugmug.com/gallery/3146918#P-1-15

..again.. not a biggie and just curious!!

thanks!
    jww
    Fixed? Rotate right/left will un-stick 'em if this ever happens again.
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Fixed? Rotate right/left will un-stick 'em if this ever happens again.

Yup! ..all better! ..and thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    XHawkeyeXHawkeye Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Was about to ask the same question, had 18 of 184 get hung up.
    I Shoot Canons
  • Options
    photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Thank you for the tip. I usually just chose 'replace this photo'. It's nice to know I don't have to do that.
  • Options
    HappySmuggerHappySmugger Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2007
    Do these hang up happen often? I just loaded 32 and eight seem held up. It 's real pain to rotate them and then rotate back.
  • Options
    simplykristisimplykristi Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2007
    Hi,
    I am too having problems with images showing processing after they have been uploaded for awhile. I have had the problem when trying to rotate pics. I think that it is a bug not a user problem.
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2007
    Hi,
    I am too having problems with images showing processing after they have been uploaded for awhile. I have had the problem when trying to rotate pics. I think that it is a bug not a user problem.
    Hi Kristi, can we have a gallery link? Please email it to our help desk so we can best help you, thanks :)http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Kristi, can we have a gallery link? Please email it to our help desk so we can best help you, thanks :)http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Hi Andy,
    The next time it happens I will post the gallery URL. I was able to solve the problem by deleting just one of the images still showing processing and uploading a new picture. Once I did that then the rest of the images showed up.

Kristi
  • Options
    DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2007
    8 out of 170 for me this morning. I seem to have the "image processing" on every upload now. I rotated and fixed myself but is there an answer to why this seems to now be a routine occurrence? And I agree it is a pain to rotate and then rotate again.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2007
    I believe that this is a bug. I am getting it on nearly upload.

Kristi
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2007
    I believe that this is a bug. I am getting it on nearly upload.

Kristi
    Hi, in order for us to really help you, we need a gallery link. Please email it to our help desk then next time this happens, okay? Give details on the uploader used, and the gallery links. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2007
    I am not having the issue today. But, it has happened anytime I have uploaded a few or fifty pics at a time. If I have the problem again, I will post the URL.

Kristi