digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited February 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
Comments always welcome. :)

15649912-M.jpg

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    i like this one
    only thing if you could get the lighting the same on your formost gear like that of the lower right gear[ reflection of teeth on shaft] if that makes sense but made me look for awhile that's a good thing Jeff are you a mechanics dream girl rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    only thing if you could get the lighting the same on your formost gear like that of the lower right gear[ reflection of teeth on shaft] if that makes sense but made me look for awhile that's a good thing Jeff are you a mechanics dream girl rolleyes1.gif
    Laughing.gif, mechanic's dream girl, that's cute. :)

oh wow, that's a great detail point. This forum is great! I wonder how I could've done that. I saw another post on here about ghetto lighting and you would've had a good laugh over what I did to set this up. I used a stepstool to put on the back of my couch and propped it up with a pillow. Used a white sheet of paper to put the gears on and a white t-shirt to cover up the window. OUtside was cloudy and snow everywhere so I had a lot of natural diffused light. Hmmm, I had turned the ceiling light on but it wasn't diffused enough and I had a couple of "hot spots" reflecting. Maybe aluminum foil on a piece of cardboard would've helped a little. any suggestions? This was a macro shot so my camera was about an inch or two away from the closest point of the gears. :)
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Laughing.gif, mechanic's dream girl, that's cute. :)

oh wow, that's a great detail point. This forum is great! I wonder how I could've done that. I saw another post on here about ghetto lighting and you would've had a good laugh over what I did to set this up. I used a stepstool to put on the back of my couch and propped it up with a pillow. Used a white sheet of paper to put the gears on and a white t-shirt to cover up the window. OUtside was cloudy and snow everywhere so I had a lot of natural diffused light. Hmmm, I had turned the ceiling light on but it wasn't diffused enough and I had a couple of "hot spots" reflecting. Maybe aluminum foil on a piece of cardboard would've helped a little. any suggestions? This was a macro shot so my camera was about an inch or two away from the closest point of the gears. :)
    well i do the same thing flashlights pole lamp sheets too new to have a lot of equip. so like you i get what ever i can find .you with all those gears should have a work light ??????headscratch.gif Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/