Options

A Dancer and a B&W

miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
edited February 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hey everyone. Sorry I havent been around for a while, I havent even had time to shoot much of anything let alone spend time on the internet. The only goods thing about that is that I am out of this place (meaning Iraq) soon. Cant say exactly when but soon. It cant be soon enough though considering today is my 368th day here. yeah hitting the year mark for being here wasnt much fun lol.Anyways, I was walking through one of the rooms in the palace building I live in the other day and noticed this sculpture set into marble above a fireplace. I kinda caught me off guarde because I had walked through this room many many times and had never noticed it before, but also that it seemed so out of place. I mean who would expect to see a marble sculpture of a ballet dancer set above a fireplace in the palace of Saddam Hussein. Well my mother and my youngewr sister are both dance teachers: ballet, tap, point and many many other different types of dance so i had to get a shot of this for them. I also T\thought some of you might enjoy these as well. nothing spectacular about the photos.. just a little glimpse of this bizzar world I have been living in the last year. I have been surprised hundereds of times and seeing this was one of the times.

Annnndddd for some reason I am not able to get the web links of the original images for some reason. so here is the link to the gallery they are located in.

http://miketaylor01.smugmug.com/gallery/261715

Let me know what you think.
Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
http://miketaylor.giph.com

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2005
    Hi Mike ,
    good to see your back and even better to hear that your soon to be heading home!

Double check the the "allow ext links" in "customize gallery" is "yes", I did the same last week!!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited February 11, 2005
    Nice find. It's always amazing to me to find these little gems in the places
    we frequent.

Good to hear your coming home soon!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking a look. About the external links Gubbs I checkerd that right away when I noticed it wouldnt allow me to right click on the picture and it was setup correctly. I think it may have been the computer I was on though as it was restricted from doing pretty much everything but open a web page. I think it was the computer.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    well now, be extra careful would you please? glad you checked in. and happy you're coming home soon. deal.gif