Options

selling prints online

mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited July 15, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but anywhoo.

A lot of people ask me for prints of my photos and I normally charge a small amount to friends and larger of course for non friends. I was wondering if there was a good and simple way to stream line the process online with photos and prints. Basically have the order form online were they select the photo and the program e-mails me with the print request.

Any ideas?
Brian Larter
brianlarter.com
aperturestudios.ca

weapon of choice: Canon 40D
BG-E2 Battery Grip
50mm f/1.8 MK 1
28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6
17-40mm L USM f/4.0

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    mrlarter wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not but anywhoo.

A lot of people ask me for prints of my photos and I normally charge a small amount to friends and larger of course for non friends. I was wondering if there was a good and simple way to stream line the process online with photos and prints. Basically have the order form online were they select the photo and the program e-mails me with the print request.

Any ideas?

SmugMug Pro Account???? deal.gif
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    mrlartermrlarter Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    I'd love to but sadly can't afford it that way just yet. I also would prefer to do the printing my self.

I am just looking for a system that will notify me that a customer would like a print after they view it online. That way I can print and mail it my self.
    Brian Larter
    brianlarter.com
    aperturestudios.ca

weapon of choice: Canon 40D
    BG-E2 Battery Grip
    50mm f/1.8 MK 1
    28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6
    17-40mm L USM f/4.0
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,251 moderator
    edited July 15, 2007
    Brian -
    I don't have any suggestions other than Smugmug pro either, but I did wander over to your blog. Just wanted to let you know that it looks a bit odd in IE7. It looks good in Firefox, just not in IE. It looks like the menu box is floating way to the right. And as I resize the window, it falls off of the right side of the window. I've attached a small screen shot so you can see what it looks like.

--- Denise
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2007
    Take a look at EOS Template. I think it does what you are after. I don't recall if it's any cheaper than a Pro account.