Options

LPS #9 - Truly Stumped By Which to Enter

traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
edited July 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
A Prayer for Peace....(playing on the cost of freedom)
175413731-L.jpg

or

Hear O Israel...(Playing on freedom of the spirit)
175413061-L.jpg

Both were shot at the Kotel (the Western Wall) - the holiest site in the world to Jews amid a city holy to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

I find both interesting for different reasons. Would love to get a few more thoughts...

Regards...Keith
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• Options
    emmalouemmalou Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I like the first one myself. It evokes a real dichotomy of freedoms..
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I was just there about a month ago. I'd say #1, but the theme get s abit complicated here.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I prefer the second one for several reasons. First, it stands alone and doesn't need a description of where it's at for the shot to work. Second, the shadow is awesome, the detail in the hair, the "looking skyward". And also, the light is great.

Personally I would crop in a little on the sides, and also crop or clone whatever that distracting shape is on his rear. But both are great captures.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I like #2 as well. I can't even see his face, but I know just what he looks like - that's a great shadow.
  • Options
    DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I'd vote for #2 also. Sorry, but #1 keeps making me think of a man standing at a urinal. :flush #2 is very nice though. I like the lighting, mthe shadow's details and the textures of the wall.
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    I prefer the second one for several reasons. First, it stands alone and doesn't need a description of where it's at for the shot to work. Second, the shadow is awesome, the detail in the hair, the "looking skyward". And also, the light is great.

Personally I would crop in a little on the sides, and also crop or clone whatever that distracting shape is on his rear. But both are great captures.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007
    thanks...
    I think i know that the second is the better photograph, but interestingly enough, the Israelis are more affected by the first. Appreciate the responses.

Regards...keith
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2007

Best of luck!
    Emily

Yep, I like that one too. I love the shadow detail. I also like the texture of the wall and the lighting against it.
  • Options
    FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2007
    I REALLY like #2! I like the echo of the shadow conveying the emotion of the subject with the upturned face. I also like the warmth. It's almost as if the wall was on fire.

It brings back such strong memories of being there in '89. I remember bursting into tears as soon as I approached the wall. It was very overwhelming.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com