New Lens, Old Friend

ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
edited February 13, 2005 in Other Cool Shots
Recently picked up a 100mm 2.8 Macro.. One of the Huskys was a willing subject this morning.

15750470-L.jpg

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Cool! I used to backyard breed Huskies, before I knew better, in the sixties while living in Denver. Great dogs. Great jumpers of fences, too. Could roam for miles. I ransomed more of those dogs. They had to have been triple street smart to have survived, they all did.

Love the photo, I need a macro thing someday. (I love the blue eyes on those dogs)

Above the dog's eye, about an inch, just guessing, there is like a line that is the shape of the top of a heart. I just barely see it. Is that something?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    They are a fun breed, we have two of them and love them to death. Just above they eye is just some fur. They are starting the heavy shedding season right now. My backyard looks like it just snowed :)

ginger_55 wrote:
    Cool! I used to backyard breed Huskies, before I knew better, in the sixties while living in Denver. Great dogs. Great jumpers of fences, too. Could roam for miles. I ransomed more of those dogs. They had to have been triple street smart to have survived, they all did.

Love the photo, I need a macro thing someday. (I love the blue eyes on those dogs)

Above the dog's eye, about an inch, just guessing, there is like a line that is the shape of the top of a heart. I just barely see it. Is that something?

ginger
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 12, 2005
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    ehughes wrote:
    Recently picked up a 100mm 2.8 Macro.. One of the Huskys was a willing subject this morning.

15750470-L.jpg
    you know the sound when you suck in your breath quickly? well I just made it, and it's because this pic is absolutely fantastic. nice job! thumb.gif
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Well going by my avatar you know I like itthumb.gif
    4603235-M.jpg

Tim
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    15750470-S.jpg

Superb!

First, what a great look from the dog. Second, great exposure control. Everything looks perfect. And then, great control of your depth of field. Outstanding detail. Finally, what a terrific idea - love the colors.

bowdown.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited February 12, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    WOW! Fantastic picture.
    Thanks Angelo, I appreciate it
    edited February 13, 2005
    you know the sound when you suck in your breath quickly? well I just made it, and it's because this pic is absolutely fantastic. nice job! thumb.gif
    That's probably the nicest compliment I've ever received for a picture

Thanks,
    Ed
    edited February 13, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    Well going by my avatar you know I like itthumb.gif

Tim
    I figured you'd appreciate that one Tim.. :D
    edited February 13, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

Superb!

First, what a great look from the dog. Second, great exposure control. Everything looks perfect. And then, great control of your depth of field. Outstanding detail. Finally, what a terrific idea - love the colors.

bowdown.gif
    Thanks Sid, I really apprecaite the compliments..

Ed