Options

Wifi

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited February 13, 2005 in Accessories
Has any one used the canon WIFI on a 20D or higher (that would be for Andy yelrotflmao.gif)? I read about it before it came out... but wanted to see how it works.. or should I say would a hard wire be better and faster?
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Has any one used the canon WIFI on a 20D or higher (that would be for Andy yelrotflmao.gif)? I read about it before it came out... but wanted to see how it works.. or should I say would a hard wire be better and faster?

wave.gif What do you want to know? A lot of overhead, tho...batts in both remote and receiver. And the remote could be about half the size. Other than that, It works as advertised. The hardwire is a lot cheaper (not to say it's "cheap" tho), but you're limited to about three feet from the camera. Unacceptable for family portraits.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    actually to be honest have not seen any place that had it with a good pic or desc. I mostly read a little about it before it came out. Was wondering if it send the images to pc as about the speed as a CP card? do you know of a good place that sells it? Do you have one? THank you fish!
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    actually to be honest have not seen any place that had it with a good pic or desc. I mostly read a little about it before it came out. Was wondering if it send the images to pc as about the speed as a CP card? do you know of a good place that sells it? Do you have one? THank you fish!

headscratch.gif I think we might be talking about two different things. I was referring to the LC-4 Wireless Controller Set. All it does is control the camera from up to 300' away. It doesn't transmit images at all.

164268.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    ops.. not that one.
    lol.. yeah 2 diffrent things.. there is a way that the camera can take a picture and transfer it to a file server or a pc. lol.. I was not even thinking about what you were talking about.. should have been a little more clear. :)
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    Ah yes...I recall seeing the press release for the WFT-E1. Nope, don't have it. Sorry.
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    I was actually about to start a thread asking about this (and may still mwink.gif).

But does such a WiFi device (for w/less transmission of pictures) exist for the D70? No intentions of hijaking a canon thread....after all, we're only talking wifi here......lol3.gif

I have done some research on the matter and have come up empty. Anybody heard of such a device? A universal unit maybe? headscratch.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2005

But does such a WiFi device (for w/less transmission of pictures) exist for the D70? No intentions of hijaking a canon thread....after all, we're only talking wifi here......lol3.gif

WT-1 supports the D2h. That's close, isn't it? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    Thanks fish - I'll look into. nod.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg