Options

Does client receive an e-mail confirmation?

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
edited July 30, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When they order prints?
I have a client who claims she ordered prints 2 weeks ago and has not gotten them. I don't have anything from sm saying she ordered any, but I might have deleted it and I can't find her in my listing on SM.
She says she did not get a confirmation. Before I tell her that she should have if she ordered the prints, I want to make sure that she was supposed to get one in her e-mail.
Thanks.
Michelle

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Yes, they do. Have your client email our Support Heroes please :)

http://www.smugmug.com/help

You've not ordered from yourself as a client would? Give it a try. Price a gallery at "penny over" prices, logout or use a 2nd browser, and buy some prints from yourself. You should know the process just like your customers do thumb.gif
  • Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, they do. Have your client email our Support Heroes please :)

http://www.smugmug.com/help

You've not ordered from yourself as a client would? Give it a try. Price a gallery at "penny over" prices, logout or use a 2nd browser, and buy some prints from yourself. You should know the process just like your customers do thumb.gif

Yes, you are right about that. What should I do if I have a client who says they have not received their order, but I found that on my list it said it was shipped?
    Order #338685
    date order placed: 2007-07-12 07:22:56
    Michelle

#
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    MRudland wrote:
    Yes, you are right about that. What should I do if I have a client who says they have not received their order, but I found that on my list it said it was shipped?
    Order #338685
    customer: S.
    date order placed: 2007-07-12 07:22:56
    Michelle

#

It looks like that order shipped two weeks ago today via USPS 1st class mail. It can take up to 2 full weeks to arrive and isn't trackable, unfortunately.

If it doesn't turn up in today's mail, have your customer email us so we can verify the address and get a reprint sent out! thumb.gif

-Anne
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    I edited your post, you included your customer's email address.
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I edited your post, you included your customer's email address.

It's still there in Anne's quote. mwink.gif

:D
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2007
    nipprdog wrote:
    It's still there in Anne's quote. mwink.gif

:D
    Not anymore mwink.gif
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    It looks like that order shipped two weeks ago today via USPS 1st class mail. It can take up to 2 full weeks to arrive and isn't trackable, unfortunately.

Any first class USPS package weighing over 11oz is a Priority Mail piece. Is EZ prints using a software shipping solution (Such as Pitney Bowes)? If so then getting tracking numbers for packages is free. It's free from USPS and it's easy enough to integrate that tracking number back to SM central and to include it in an email sent to the customer. If EZ isn't using professional shipping software then they are likely (way) overcharging on shipping and they are losing money on postage. Unfortunately, I know way to much about shipping prints from a fulfillment lab.