15873459-L.jpg

15873444-L.jpg

15873441-L.jpg

15873433-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    An interesting thing I discovered but don't really understand had to do with the nice color shadows/reflections in these shots. They were shot in daylight with 3 bounced flashes (2 umbrellas, one ceiling bounce). Nice reflections. But without window light, only shadows, no colors. Why? Anyone know?
    If not now, when?
  • spocklingspockling Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    FWIW, #1, my only concern for that photo is the focus point. The front row is in focus but the back row isn't. Was that intentional? Would it be better to go have the cement truck in focus? How about getting down lower and trying to focus in on a car two or three rows back?
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    spockling wrote:
    FWIW, #1, my only concern for that photo is the focus point. The front row is in focus but the back row isn't. Was that intentional? Would it be better to go have the cement truck in focus? How about getting down lower and trying to focus in on a car two or three rows back?
    DOF is a real issue for this shot. I'm using the 100mm macro and it's stopped down to f32. Possibly if I focus back just a little, I'll not lose the focuse in front and gain some in back.

I know why peole like to shoot coins.
    If not now, when?
  • TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    But without window light, only shadows, no colors. Why? Anyone know?
    I don't know, either, but they're neat shots. For the first, could you try a different lens and get further back from the setup? That may put them all in focus.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72