Where's the Gallery?

durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited August 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Please see the following image:

http://the-camera-man.smugmug.com/gallery/3257892#180393842

It illustrates what my problem is:
When I go to do gallery bulk pricing, the list of galleries presented does not have the gallery in it which I want to use as a template for the bulk pricing. Why is that? What am I doing wrongly?

- bob duren, The Camera Man
the-camera-man.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    duren wrote:
    Please see the following image:

http://the-camera-man.smugmug.com/gallery/3257892#180393842

It illustrates what my problem is:
    When I go to do gallery bulk pricing, the list of galleries presented does not have the gallery in it which I want to use as a template for the bulk pricing. Why is that? What am I doing wrongly?

- bob duren, The Camera Man
    the-camera-man.smugmug.com
    Which gallery please? And please give a direct link to it, okay? Thanks.
  • durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    http://the-camera-man.smugmug.com/gallery/3243978#180308666

Patrick Ryan, Jimbo and Shane Borland - Skateboarding - North Shore - July 31, 2007

Thanks for that quick response, Andy!

- bob
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    duren wrote:
    http://the-camera-man.smugmug.com/gallery/3243978#180308666

Patrick Ryan, Jimbo and Shane Borland - Skateboarding - North Shore - July 31, 2007

Thanks for that quick response, Andy!

- bob
    That gallery has no custom pro pricing at the gallery level, it will use the pricing from your portfolio pricing.
    edited August 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    That gallery has no custom pro pricing at the gallery level, it will use the pricing from your portfolio pricing.

How do I create custom pro pricing at the gallery level using the Portfolio pricing as a template? Please give me a step-by-step description.

The problem is that when I am in that gallery, I am not able to fill in the fields with the Custom pro pricing amounts with the "setting prices for: gallery" selected; when that is selected, all of the fields are empty. To fill the fields, I could select "quick input: Smugmug Default" and "apply all", but that would simply price out all of my products at the cost level!

Please help Andy!
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    duren wrote:
    How do I create custom pro pricing at the gallery level using the Portfolio pricing as a template? Please give me a step-by-step description.

The problem is that when I am in that gallery, I am not able to fill in the fields with the Custom pro pricing amounts with the "setting prices for: gallery" selected; when that is selected, all of the fields are empty. To fill the fields, I could select "quick input: Smugmug Default" and "apply all", but that would simply price out all of my products at the cost level!

Please help Andy!

Hello!

First of all, if you have portfolio pricing in place, you don't need gallery pricing. At all. Unless, you want a certain gallery to have pricing that is DIFFERENT from the portfolio pricing.

Blank boxes on the gallery pricing level mean the items will be available for purchase at the portfolio prices. If there are items you want priced differently, simply fill in those boxes at the gallery level. (You mentioned using portfolio pricing as a template for gallery pricing. This is completely unnecessary, because only prices that you want DIFFERENT from portfolio prices need to be filled in at the gallery level).

Once you have your gallery pricing in place for a gallery, and it's saved, you can then use the bulk pricing tool to allow you to apply that same gallery pricing to another gallery. Remember, the only galleries that need gallery pricing are those that you want priced DIFFERENTLY from the portfolio pricing.

Make sense?

-Anne
    edited August 4, 2007
    Now I "see" it!
    Makes sense now - thanks! It's just those blank spaces play tricks on my mind. It would be nice to have a ghosted Portfolio pricing next to the blank fields to remind me and everyone else that those blank fields do not need to be filled in; that they are already accounted for by Portfolio Pricing. Man, I hope that I will remember this e-mail the next time I go to set pricing at the Gallery level :)

Thanks again!

- bob
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hello!

First of all, if you have portfolio pricing in place, you don't need gallery pricing. At all. Unless, you want a certain gallery to have pricing that is DIFFERENT from the portfolio pricing.

Blank boxes on the gallery pricing level mean the items will be available for purchase at the portfolio prices. If there are items you want priced differently, simply fill in those boxes at the gallery level. (You mentioned using portfolio pricing as a template for gallery pricing. This is completely unnecessary, because only prices that you want DIFFERENT from portfolio prices need to be filled in at the gallery level).

Once you have your gallery pricing in place for a gallery, and it's saved, you can then use the bulk pricing tool to allow you to apply that same gallery pricing to another gallery. Remember, the only galleries that need gallery pricing are those that you want priced DIFFERENTLY from the portfolio pricing.

Make sense?

-Anne