Options

Slide show/css question (JT? Onethumb?)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited February 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
With the advent of exposed CSS and improved slideshow I have a question/suggestion/request:

Can we have a possibility to make our own "inline" slide shows?

What I mean is:
We already can have a nice slide show, so the engine is obviously there. I would like to be able to do a little (d)html/css in bio/cobranding/html only pages and make what is currently a static image to be a "slideshow" one. This would make this part of a page self-updating while the other stuff stays static. The "size" of the inline slide show should be customizeable (to standard SM sizes from tiny to large), so it will be possible to use it wherever a static image could be used.

Here are few examples of what I mean:
  • bio/cobranding can include one/several "inline shows" to cycle through some (featured/best/etc) gallery (-ies)
  • the recently added "plain html" pages can use "inline shows" while delivering useful info (pricing/general description/etc)
  • with practically no coding it will be possible to show "movie-like" snippets from sports/action sessions in a galery header (provided you have the pitchas)
Hope it makes sense - and relatively easy to achieve..
TIA!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    I suppose that this is possible. But we would have to ID every image on the page so you could tell the code what image should be swapped. Let me think about this a while and see what type of functions could be made.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited February 14, 2005
    slide shows are easy
    Here is a small JS slideshow script (link follows). There are dozens of others around free for the taking in DHTML and even plain HTML. This and others like it are easily placed into any web page, as long as it addresses each image directly within the coding. Easier still if they are all in the same directory/folder as the page - although they don't need to be.

http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/photo-album-viewer.html

Variances in scripts like this include image pre-loading and timed swaps or manual image cycling.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky