Options

How will CS3 affect older versions?

mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 9, 2007 in Finishing School
I recently purchased CS3 and have been using PS 7.0 for several years now. I want to install CS3 soon but want to be sure I won't lose any use of 7.0 until I decide to completely dump it. In short, I'm comfortable using 7.0 and I want to be sure I can go back and use it, if needed, until I'm fully up to speed on CS3. If I install CS3 will it overwrite and/or disable the use of 7.0? Or will they both work on one system. I use 7.0 for big design jobs every month, so I want to make sure that CS3 won't dump all my custom color profiles, etc. Thanks in advance for any help you might provide!:D

Comments

• Options
    edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    mikeshots wrote:
    I recently purchased CS3 and have been using PS 7.0 for several years now. I want to install CS3 soon but want to be sure I won't lose any use of 7.0 until I decide to completely dump it. In short, I'm comfortable using 7.0 and I want to be sure I can go back and use it, if needed, until I'm fully up to speed on CS3. If I install CS3 will it overwrite and/or disable the use of 7.0? Or will they both work on one system. I use 7.0 for big design jobs every month, so I want to make sure that CS3 won't dump all my custom color profiles, etc. Thanks in advance for any help you might provide!:D
    On Macs, Photoshop installs in a new folder; I can't imagine that things would be any different on the Windows side of the aisle. I have CS3 and CS2 on my system and there is no conflict. However, if you have custom profiles or custom color settings in PS7, you'll need to load those in CS3, as it will initially open with defaults applied.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited August 9, 2007
    I have a Windows box with PS 5, 6 and CS all able to run without interference, so I do not think it should be a problem for PS 7 and PSCS3 in Windows either.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Awesome! Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be installing CS3 this weekend.wings.gif