Options

New borns for C&C

rimka53rimka53 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited August 10, 2007 in People
My friend gave birth to twin boys. Always wanted newborns as models. Last Sunday I finally got my wish. How do you like them?

1.1052647562_75004be444.jpg?v=0

2.1052638522_b8c0993722.jpg?v=0

3.1052638402_e71c5ef305.jpg?v=0

4.1052638242_adbfa5b937.jpg?v=0

5.1052638102_3be9181a95.jpg?v=0

6.1052638072_bf0c7d591e.jpg?v=0

7.1052637940_b2eb67e54a.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Aww, how cute is that!! I love #3 and 4 the best. Some of the shots look somewhat soft, but overall, nice set!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Very, very cute! congratulations to your friend!

The photos are adorable, but I think the color is way off in the color ones. They look too magenta (I think!) to me... i played a little dropping the magenta and find it more pleasing, but I'm sure others could do better. Personally, I like newborns better in B&W mainly because when they are this young, their skin tones are sooo hard!

Holler if you want me to take this down!
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2007
    Some of the poses look uncomfortable to me...like the one where the baby has his head leaning back. I think they are cute, though! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2007
    Thanks for the replies guys! I like 3 and 4 the most myself! As for the softness in some of them that is the result of compression. I had to do it twice, once for the website onto which they were loaded, and another time for this site. All of the pics are tack sharp in original versions. Thanks for the color tip! Actually those kids were this red and rashy. I use custom WB to insure color accuracy, but in this case accuracy wasn't pleasing at allrolleyes1.gif Which method did you use to lower the levels of magenta? I used a bit of curves on two of the images for the same reason, but the skin came out greenish, while magenta levels were still indicated as higher than yellow.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    rimka53 wrote:
    Thanks for the replies guys! I like 3 and 4 the most myself! As for the softness in some of them that is the result of compression. I had to do it twice, once for the website onto which they were loaded, and another time for this site. All of the pics are tack sharp in original versions. Thanks for the color tip! Actually those kids were this red and rashy. I use custom WB to insure color accuracy, but in this case accuracy wasn't pleasing at allrolleyes1.gif Which method did you use to lower the levels of magenta? I used a bit of curves on two of the images for the same reason, but the skin came out greenish, while magenta levels were still indicated as higher than yellow.

Yup! As someone recently pointed out in my photos, just because it's accurate doesn't mean it's pleasing! Laughing.gif! So I know what you mean.

I used lightroom and adjusted the tint down and then moved the magenta more to red for the hue. Not a lot, but enough to just tone it down. Yup, newborns are tough! But very cute shots!
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2007
    Yup! As someone recently pointed out in my photos, just because it's accurate doesn't mean it's pleasing! Laughing.gif! So I know what you mean.

I used lightroom and adjusted the tint down and then moved the magenta more to red for the hue. Not a lot, but enough to just tone it down. Yup, newborns are tough! But very cute shots!

Thank you for the tip! I use CS3, but Im sure I colud accomodate the technique. I will definitely try this.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2007
    Ahhhh so darn cute...if I could have more children I would do it right now...even at 42!!:D
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Ahhhh so darn cute...if I could have more children I would do it right now...even at 42!!:D
    My mom had me at 41nod.gif