Options

Regal Cinemas at night

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 12, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Knoxville's Regal Cinemas crown jewel, 18 theaters under 1 roof. Handheld, Nikon D2X, 28mm 1.4d

182996690-L.jpg

182918671-L.jpg
182918646-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Lex these are great shots and beautiful lights
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    Knoxville's Regal Cinemas crown jewel, 18 theaters under 1 roof. Handheld, Nikon D2X, 28mm 1.4d

The Threatres are lit up nicely at night.

They all look great Lex thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Thanks much. I didn't take quite as much time as I'd liked, but I can shoot it again soon, and likely will when I go back for another shoot of something else. There's a resturant near there with torch lights I want to shoot at night, but Sat night the torches were not lit.

So, I did a little concellation work, since it is a 30 minute drive just to get down there.

I see a couple of things I'd like to try to better, but when you shoot prime, sometimes, you take what you can get. The 28mm 1.4d cannot be matched for night shooting in the Nikon camp, so it's the ticket. I will try my 35 2.0 soon for some though.
    Thanks again, overall, I was pleased with these. I also had an amazing thought of trying a graduated ND filter to try to capture the people down low, but the lights up high, could be interesting.

Doug