Options

My Niece's Wedding!!!

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited August 13, 2007 in Weddings
Well, I've done it...my very first wedding as a main photographer!
I was more relaxed than I expected myself to be. I am pretty excited about what I managed to get.
I'm still working through my shots but here are a few of my faves from the day.

Arriving

IMG_4539_r.jpg

My sister and I took them to a nice quiet place, after the ceremony, so we could get some extra special shots

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

and...

cutting the cake with a difference lol. (I never asked them to do that!)

IMG_4750.jpg

They were alot of fun to photograph and sooooo appreciative!

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    How much fun! I am just in awe of that second one, creative perspective and awesome colors. They are going to love that! #3 is very cool, too, what an awesome capture. His finger under her chin....awwww! you might try cropping in really close, hone in on that tender interaction and less "car", but it's just a suggestion.

Hope this is the first of many weddings for you. Wonderful job! :ivar
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    How much fun! I am just in awe of that second one, creative perspective and awesome colors. They are going to love that! #3 is very cool, too, what an awesome capture. His finger under her chin....awwww! you might try cropping in really close, hone in on that tender interaction and less "car", but it's just a suggestion.

Hope this is the first of many weddings for you. Wonderful job! :ivar

Yeah I thought about cropping it alot closer too because the detail in the veil was fantastic.
    Everyone seems to love the pic on the stairs, including my Niece, who saw it on the LCD.
    And she LOVES the cutting the cake shot! I got sensible pics too but she said to me, "I just got to have that one!!!" thumb.gif

I think I did good for her
    :D
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    JennrenselJennrensel Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2007
    those are great! I am LMAO on the one with the groom holding the knife! (something my hubby and I would do! Laughing.gif)
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    How cool that it was your first wedding AND your niece! The cake shot is hilarious. It's nice to see some humor in a situation that is often so stuffy!
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2007
    Thank all so much.
    Well, I had a go at rotating, cropping and editing the in-car shot. I'm pretty pleased with it :D

IMG_4648_sepia_7x5_crop.jpg

• Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    I love the PP'd version!
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    Thank all so much.
    Well, I had a go at rotating, cropping and editing the in-car shot. I'm pretty pleased with it :D

IMG_4648_sepia_7x5_crop.jpg

bowdown.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    Great job, especially with 2 and the PP'd in car shot. Very nice!!
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Great job, especially with 2 and the PP'd in car shot. Very nice!!

I agree!
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    I like what you've done...but the last one gave me the creeps...eek7.gif
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    First of all, congratulations on your first wedding photography!! You're surely on your way to become a pro thumb.gif I absolutely love #2, this is a great shot, and PP one is awesome as well! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    I feel like Johnny-come-lately and the thread is only 36 hours old (more or less).

Anyway, like Lynne, I really love #2 on the stairs. Very imaginative.

The PPed shot from the car - simply wonderful. I was wondering what it would look like more low-key with a dark vignette. Looking at the source photo; not going to work. I think you did the right thing and did it very nicely.
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2007
    Thanks everyone! :D

Here's another

IMG_4616.jpg

I'm actually wondering what Shay is thinking of my first attempt at Wedding Photography
    :hide

• Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I just love the reworked shot in the car!!! Supremely beautiful. clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2007
    Especially for you Scott :D
    Why my son found this so hilarious I don't know lol

IMG_4720.jpg

Ermmm I just noticed something!!! Why is it all MY side of the family in that line up!!!

... and if you are wondering what they are doing watch this little clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md2tczsGKo4

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    Especially for you Scott :D
    Why my son found this so hilarious I don't know lol

Ermmm I just noticed something!!! Why is it all MY side of the family in that line up!!!

... and if you are wondering what they are doing watch this little clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md2tczsGKo4
    OK I watched a couple of videos and still don't get it. I know what it is now, but I just don't get it. I guess you just have to be there.