Options

Wedding - Erin and Shawn (6 Aug)

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited August 15, 2007 in Weddings
On Aug 6, I had a short day. The FOB contracted for 4 hours. I told him that, based on the projected schedule of events that this was not enough time, but also told him that if we needed to add some time to the end of the day - well, no worries. Turned out that I was right, the 4-hour contract turned into 5 hours. Got final payment today so I uploaded the images and all is good.

1. Don't know what to say about this one ... except I cut the top off the flower!
183059153-L.jpg

2. There's something going on in this image that I can't quite put my finger on. I applied a vignette, darkened and blurred around the edges a bit. But it looks like there's a radial something happening here that I didn't intend. I think it's the flag pole on the right and the foot prints in the carpeting that create that optical effect.
183093943-L.jpg

3. Freckles!
183137508-L.jpg

4. This is my second example of off-camera flash, thanks to a guest who fired their camera at the same time I did. I could just wish that they had bounced their flash a bit to minimize the sharp side shadows :D
183140492-L.jpg

5, 6. - Yeah, I think they feel something for each other.
183142753-M.jpg183142828-M.jpg

7. After all the toasts and before the cake cutting, the groom turned to his new bride and shared how he felt, how he loved her, etc. I don't remember the details as they referred to events about which I did not know. Anyway, here's some emotion for you.
183139408-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I love what you did with 1st shot, great composition!!! I thought #2 looks kind of bright, good shots Scott!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    Nice shots Scott. I love the third one.
  • Options
    ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I like #2! Gorgeous color.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2007
    I like the first shot Scott, even though you clipped the top of the flowers. That's a pretty long boquet to keep an eye on while you probably were focusing on their hands. You might consider trimming just a little more off the top, making it look like it was 'intentional'. mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I like the first shot Scott, even though you clipped the top of the flowers. That's a pretty long boquet to keep an eye on while you probably were focusing on their hands. You might consider trimming just a little more off the top, making it look like it was 'intentional'. mwink.gif
    I like that idea!
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I like the classic look of her hands around his neck in 3. Nice capture.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    I looooove #1, and #3 is fabulous, too. Great way to focus on the rings without being too trite/intentional.

RE: #2, I'm not sure if this is what's bothering you, but the horizon looks off by about a degree, maybe 2. The red carpet is so RED, not sure if desaturating a bit would do the trick. Sorry, I'm not much help. ne_nau.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I looooove #1, and #3 is fabulous, too. Great way to focus on the rings without being too trite/intentional.

RE: #2, I'm not sure if this is what's bothering you, but the horizon looks off by about a degree, maybe 2. The red carpet is so RED, not sure if desaturating a bit would do the trick. Sorry, I'm not much help. ne_nau.gif
    Thanks for the vote of confidence on 1 and 3.

RE: #2 - Maybe. There's a nice vertical above their heads that I used to square up the photo. But, I may have been looking at the wrong thing. Perspective is everything and your right - it does look a little off. I'll give it another play and see how it goes.