Canon 24-85/3.5-4.5 USM Zoom

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 12, 2004 in Flea Market
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Aimed to satisfy the most demanding professionals and advanced amateur photographers, its enhanced optical design has multiple moving lens groups and features that adjust and compensate for a variety of conditions. Ultrasonic Motor (USM) technology and an internal focusing system enable silent, high speed autofocusing. A wide rubberized focusing ring and manual focusing capability in the autofocus mode provides maximum flexibility and ease of use. Key optical features include a replica aspherical lens element that minimizes distortion and a flare-cutting diaphragm that helps the lens maintain contrast in tough lighting conditions. [/font]129189.jpg

My lens is used (not much tho). New from bhphoto at $310. Make an offer.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• soupsoup Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2004
    curious why you are unhappy with it...
    am looking for something along those lines, but not a lot of cash now...

but could be pursuaded ;}
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2004
    soup wrote:
    curious why you are unhappy with it...
    am looking for something along those lines, but not a lot of cash now...

but could be pursuaded ;}
    I just like the Tamron 28-75/2.8 better. Aside from the build quality typical of these consumer grade lenses, it is sharp and reasonably contrasty.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • soupsoup Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2004
    well i have the 18-55mm EFS lense. image quality seems to be acceptable with the 18-55mm

i dont really need the USM as i tend to manually focus 95% of the time, but am semi-unhappy with the focus ring on the 18-55mm. it's touchy, choppy, and can be easily jossled out of focus ( loose ), but i have gotten used to it.

so would the image quality be substantially better than the 18-55mm?

i'm not a lense expert