Options

Clinton Library

lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
edited February 16, 2005 in Landscapes
Was a nice night so I did a little shooting and quickly put some of my results together...

William J. Clinton Presidential Library - Little Rock, Arkansas

Comments

• Options
    edited February 16, 2005
    leaning!?
    You know, the more I look at it, my eyes feel like everything is going to fall to the right.

Brian
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    You know, the more I look at it, my eyes feel like everything is going to fall to the right.

Brian

fall to the right? clinton? lol3.gif

did you get a chance to get a photo of both books? :D
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    It's hard not to let the politics show (fish; :lynn lol3.gif ). Very cool pictures, but I can't get it out of my mind how much that structure looks like a trailer. eek7.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    spiderspider Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    It's hard not to let the politics show (fish; :lynn lol3.gif ). Very cool pictures, but I can't get it out of my mind how much that structure looks like a trailer. eek7.gif
    You mean like this:

http://www.edge-inc.net/humor/index.cfm/page/one/id/833/t/Image.htm

1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2005
    trailer
    spider wrote:
    lol, great picture spider! Yes, the multi million dollar structure does look like a trailer. Quite an accompishment for ARKANSAS to pull off. And if you live here, you know that this was controversal. Not because of the design but because of how they got the land ("imminent domain"), how they got the money (raise prices for other city services like the zoo and shift the extra revenue over to "parks" therefore bypassing any public vote), and how they cut other vital city services because Little Rock has no money (like 84 police officer positions which resulted in a overall crime increase of 28% while this got built).

But hey! We got a Presidential Library!

Not trying to spark any political debate, I just think it's an interesting shooting opportunity and wanted to share it.

Brian

ps - my cousin bubba said we are getting running water here next month!!! YA HOOO!!!!!!
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    great picture spider! Yes, the multi million dollar structure does look like a trailer. Quite an accompishment for ARKANSAS to pull off. And if you live here, you know that this was controversal. Not because of the design but because of how they got the land ("imminent domain"), how they got the money (raise prices for other city services like the zoo and shift the extra revenue over to "parks" therefore bypassing any public vote), and how they cut other vital city services because Little Rock has no money (like 84 police officer positions which resulted in a overall crime increase of 28% while this got built).

But hey! We got a Presidential Library!

Not trying to spark any political debate, I just think it's an interesting shooting opportunity and wanted to share it.
    VERY WELL STATED I did not see this until just now and my first impression was wow what a nice trailer Bill got, how long is the extension cord ? Good old boy bill never pay for anything you can not get from the voters Jeff just a little left of bill
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    lol, great picture spider! Yes, the multi million dollar structure does look like a trailer. Quite an accompishment for ARKANSAS to pull off. And if you live here, you know that this was controversal. Not because of the design but because of how they got the land ("imminent domain"), how they got the money (raise prices for other city services like the zoo and shift the extra revenue over to "parks" therefore bypassing any public vote), and how they cut other vital city services because Little Rock has no money (like 84 police officer positions which resulted in a overall crime increase of 28% while this got built).

So much for the myth the Dems are for the common people, heh? :)

Nice shots, by the way. I like them.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    :cry .................:whip ............................:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    spider wrote:
    Um... errrr...

If your Library looks like a tornado magnet... you might be a redneck! :D
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg