Options

LPS SF2 - Poseidon's Crown (2nd version)

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited August 17, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took a few more shots, and reprocessed some other ones. Less choices and more variety :D Feel free (even encouraged) to comment ;c)

1614957-bec.jpg

#2 (I guess bar mixers can come in useful =c) no cocktails were harmed in this production)
1614958-ef2.jpg
#2 (fixed the color)
1616158-96a.jpg

1614959-1d3.jpg

1614960-70f.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Which? 15 votes

20% 3 votes
46% 7 votes
6% 1 vote
20% 3 votes
I like the concept, but not execution.
6% 1 vote
I'm don't even like the concept =c)
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    I like #1's deeper blue tones and #2's reds. I also like the clarity of the drops in the red one, so it'd probably be my favorite. The only thing I don't like about it is how much empty space you've left to the side. To me, it makes the drops smaller and has less of an impact than if they were as large as your others.
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2007
    I just realised the thread starter can not see who votes so...
    I better let you know I like and voted for #2

its the color and comp for me.
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    I like the crop of #4 and the crown as well. I like how unpredictable the crop is, and how it takes your concept to a new level.
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Pyro
    #2 with the fixed color does it for me. On your original, does that look like a dust spot in the middle of the field?
    E
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    Pyro
    #2 with the fixed color does it for me. On your original, does that look like a dust spot in the middle of the field?
    E

Might be a waterdrop on the filter. There was a lot of water flying around =c)

Thanks for the feedback, all.
  • Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    I haven't voted cuz I am torn. I think #1 has the most impressive splash, but I like the red color in the fixed #2, and it has a better crown-shape than #1, but it's crown is modest in size. #4 is probably the most distinctive... it addition to mirrored crowns it kinda has a "rings of saturn" feel to me.
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    These look to me to be similar to Chandi's "Twin Crowns," winner of the Dgrin Challenge 73. That one keeps popping up in slot 2 in the header...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    These look to me to be similar to Chandi's "Twin Crowns," winner of the Dgrin Challenge 73. That one keeps popping up in slot 2 in the header...

I had that discussion with someone else over PMs. I can see how that maybe seeing as how it's also a shot of drops. But on the other hand it's different substances, colors and esp. angles. There is a lot more similarities in the landscape shots that pop up every challenge. This just stands out more because the subject is a little more distinctive.

So I don't know. Maybe it will count against me in some judge's mind, but I gotta stick it out with this idea for now. :D
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    Maybe it will count against me in some judge's mind, but I gotta stick it out with this idea for now. :D

In that case, I like the "fixed color #2" the best. I figure in these types of shots, one would be going for some really bizarrely different shape, or some really symetrical shape...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..