Options

New York New York

ButtkickerButtkicker Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited August 17, 2007 in Journeys
Hi Folks
thought I would post some pics from my New York trip a while back.. must add it was a family holiday so my picture taking time was limited
but what a great place to go - would love to go minus the 'clan' so I could spend more time picture taking
on with the show
Candid of a couple chilling out
120793131-L.jpg
120793161-L.jpg
120793177-L.jpg
120793224-L.jpg
the soup kitchen
120793402-L.jpg
120793451-L.jpg
120793712-L.jpg
120793348-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Chris

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    Buttkicker wrote:
    Hi Folks
    thought I would post some pics from my New York trip a while back.. must add it was a family holiday so my picture taking time was limited
    but what a great place to go - would love to go minus the 'clan' so I could spend more time picture taking
    on with the show
    Candid of a couple chilling out
    the soup kitchen
    Thanks for looking
    Chris

Ahhhhhhhh New York, a place I want to go to some day.
    Great Series Chris.

That Ship is a beauty! thumb.gif

I just love that portrait of the little girl in your final post in this series.
    The expression on her tiny face is just so natural.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2007
    Thanks Skippy
    must say New York is a great place to visit... and I agree about the little girl - she looked so cute and the picture is one of my favourites of all my candid type pics ever
    thanks Chris
  • Options
    chopskychopsky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2007
    "I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York's skyline, the sky over New York and the will of man made visible. What other religion do we need? I feel that if a war came to threaten this, I would throw myself into space, over the city, and protect these buildings with my body."
    - The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand
    Currently Using:
    body: canon 400d
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

Grant Shapiro Design & Photography
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited August 12, 2007
    Why not tell us a bit more about your trip.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    Why not tell us a bit more about your trip.

Well firstly I have been to the USA 5 times with the New York trip, and pretty much love visiting the 'former' 'Colonies' Laughing.gif
    checking on our subjectsthumb.gif

any way we stayed at 94th street in a Hotel that was expensive and quite frankly not great (forgotten the name) and it was extremly expensive
    next time will stay in Brooklyn get a cheaper hotel and hopefully better
    I found the subway system to be very easy to navigate round and very cheap 1 week for about 25 bucks (or so)
    so dont waste your hard earned money on taxi's

our trip was a 10 day one and pretty much went round all the tourist stuff.. and the Bronx zoo was a paticularly good day visit and in the process found a great cheap Italian diner serving real nice food, which we ended up getting the train back to on a couple of occasions just for the great chat with the owner and obviously great food

also took a trip out to the Shea stadium to have a look round, unfortunatly at the time one of the players was flying his plane and it crashed into a Manhattan skyscraper causing a heck of a lot of speculation about what was going on (as you can imagine) and sadly he was killed.

we found a little area near brooklyn bridge with a lot of buskers etc which was a real nice area and also had some nice picture taking ops
    shot the ship one from there

I was amazed at the amount of Parades going on... there seemed to one every other day for some reason or another
    the pic of the Little girl was at a Korean festival

must add that the Police officers were pretty rude all the time and really did not want bothering from eating there Donuts, to answer questions from tourists

The place as a whole was a great experience - must add that I have travelled the USA quite extensivley and found NY to be different from most other places
    hard to explain how, but there seems to be many different cultures living in the same city but all seem to be in there own communitys

San Fransisco is similar but I think is a more tourist friendly city... I actually like SF a little better for the friendliness - but my wife likes NY better, so take your pic Laughing.gif

one thing for sure I would not hesitate in going back... one downer was that B&H was closed for some holiday or another the whole time we were there grrheadscratch.gif
    sorry not much of a review as such but thats a basic run down of the trip
    regards Chris
  • Options
    Clickr_GrlClickr_Grl Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2007
    please be careful everyone while taking pictures in NYC. Some people get very nervous about it since 9/11 and will not hesitate to call the cops. You are not supposed to take pictures of the bridges in NY either but if you do it right, no one will say anything. Just giving a heads up. I'm from North Jersey and spend about 5 months a year total in Ny between Long Island, The Bronx (for Yankees games! clap.gif ) and Manhattan. When you go, make sure you bring business cards with ALL of your contact info on them and keep your equipment in plain site. Just a few pointers for you since I have been approached many times in the city because of the size of my camera. ne_nau.gif
    Have fun in NY!! Come and visit again soon! wings.gif
    :barb
    I am Mine!