Options

Idaho and Wyoming - 5 Weeks!

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited August 19, 2007 in Journeys
What a great summer we've had! :clap My family and I spent five weeks in Driggs, Idaho, about 35 miles from Jackson, Wyoming. We were there from June 29th to August 1st, managing to do all the "vacation" things AND get in a little relaxation along the way. This was my fourth trip to Idaho in the last eight months ... because I just love it so much! :lust Christmas and Spring Break were for skiing and then I did a week with my brother back in May to shoot Yellowstone and Grand Teton. This time I got a little more of the local flavor to share with you. Thanks for looking!

#1 - Independence Day Parade in Victor, Idaho
181424542-L.jpg

#2 - This little one sure liked the fire engines.
181424668-L.jpg

#3 - Teton Valley hosted their 26th Annual Balloon Festival.
169435072-L.jpg

#4 - Tough to beat a hot air balloon with the Tetons in the background...
169175190-L.jpg

#5 - The west side of the Tetons used to be all about agriculture until the tourists found it...
168663379-L.jpg

#6 - Irrigation systems are a common site in the valley
169328081-L-1.jpg

#7 - Old barns are common, too
168662428-L-1.jpg

#8 - How about a movie at the Spud Drive-In. It's the way things used to be!
171061784-L.jpg

#9 - Old Murphy is a fixture at the Spud. Check out that TATER on the back!
181427152-L.jpg

#10 - The locals don't seem to mind having company...
173665405-L.jpg

#11 - ... but sometimes you just have to step back and take a look at the big picture. (Self Portrait)
181285041-L.jpg

#12 - When you get tired of the view across the valley you can get a lot closer on the North Teton Canyon Trail through the Jedediah Smith Wilderness. We hiked 6 miles (up over 4,000 ft.) to the top of Table Mountain (11,106') to get this closeup view of the west side of the Teton range. Of course, when you get to the top you have to have a family portrait...
179218235-L.jpg

#13 - Perhaps fittingly, my last shot is a sunset shot. The sun goes down on a barley field that is almost ready for harvest - and it was time for us to head back to Texas...:cry
181428729-L.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photos. You can see the rest of the gallery here.

Comments

• Options
    TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Some really nice shots here. You help the viewer to understand your love affair with the place. . . . Thanks.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2007
    Wow! 5 weeks to spend with family in a beautiful location...very cool! I really like your sunset irrigation and sunset barley shots, as well as your barn, your sp and your fp (family portrait)! I suggest you make a book with all your great photos and look at it often, as a little escape from Texas!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2007
    They are all nice but my favorite is the grain field. I miss Idaho.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 19, 2007
    nice shots James. thanks for sharing.