Options

MySpace trials & tribulations

jgstylejgstyle Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hey all, first post.

I'm trying to pull in a random image via the feed option as described here:

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Feeds/RandomPhotos

Anyway, I wanted one random image to appear on my profile whenever someone came to the page/refreshed.

So I included the link in my "about me" section...and nothing.

MySpace will not allow the IMG tag. The link wrapped around the tag works fine, but the IMG tag is replaced with "..".

I suspect that the question mark in the url must not be allowed. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

I looked at MySpace's own photo tools, and really all they have is a slideshow feature, which I don't want. Any ideas? I sure don't have any...

Comments

• Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2007
    myspace replaces IMG tags from places it doesn't approve of, or with any type-o's in them with the dreaded ".."
    I think I've successfully send messages on myspace using IMG tags with SRC from SmugMug, though...
  • Options
    jgstylejgstyle Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2007
    Nimai wrote:
    myspace replaces IMG tags from places it doesn't approve of, or with any type-o's in them with the dreaded ".."
    I think I've successfully send messages on myspace using IMG tags with SRC from SmugMug, though...

Yeah, it's not so much the IMG tag, but the "?" in the url for the random image, I'm thinking. I use static images from SmugMug all the time, but it looks like MySpace is not allowing any kind of dynamic url, similar to how they block the OBJECT tag.

I was just hoping someone had encountered (and overcome) this problem.

I've been looking for other methods and I've been coming up short. Seems like there are all these slideshow apps and not many that are worth the trouble for a simple random image. Curses!

Anyway, thanks for the response.