Options

Where to find docs on xxxxxxx.mg modules?

oxy8384oxy8384 Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
I'm trying to understand better how certain things work in BWG's slideshow and I'm trying to find out where I can the details on things like the toolthumbs.mg call he uses to retrieve the images.

Is there someplace I can go? How did BWG know what to do with toolthumbs.mg? Or is this his own application?

Thanks,

Bill

Comments

• Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2007
    oxy8384 wrote:
    I'm trying to understand better how certain things work in BWG's slideshow and I'm trying to find out where I can the details on things like the toolthumbs.mg call he uses to retrieve the images.

Is there someplace I can go? How did BWG know what to do with toolthumbs.mg? Or is this his own application?

Thanks,

Bill
    I imagine toolthumbs.mg is built in to SmugMug and the slideshow is just using it because it's a convenient way to get a list of all the image names, etc. What's returned is actually a fully formated HTML page that the javascript parses the file information out of.
  • Options
    oxy8384oxy8384 Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2007
    It seems like it's more than that...
    There is a parameter called tool (or something similar) so this code seems like it can do multiple things. I would like to know what the options are so I can modify the slideshow code to do some other things and also use that code to do some other things.

Anyone? Bueller?ne_nau.gif

TIA,

Bill
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 21, 2007
    G'day Bill,

The hacks that bwg and myself created levering SmugMug functionality were all reverse-engineered, since it's proprietary code there is no documentation.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos