Options

XC ski practice

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 17, 2005 in Sports
The local Bill Koch League chapter is getting ready for the big races this coming weekend. These kids are the top group and all likely to do pretty well at the festival (really a reagonal meet.)

People alway want group shots, but I hate shooting posed group shots. This time I asked the coach to lead his kids up the hill, but put on the breaks a little so the kids would bunch up a bit. Getting up these little hills is what wins or loses races.

15880184-L.jpg

This is father (head coach) and son:

15880107-L.jpg

And this is his sister. Last year she was by far the fasted kid (boy or girl) her age in New England. Only the elite racers at the local track can keep up with her sprints.

15880221-L.jpg

These two have been at it since they were 2 or 3 or something and their dad is one of the best skiers in the Boston area.

My son isn't in the same category (yet), but he is having a lot of fun this year and showing some intensity of his own:

15880082-L.jpg
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Oi, that first one is terrific. Love the composition, the way they trail off into the corner. Excellent, Rutt! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    Rutt,

They are all nice and very well exposed clap.gif I agree with Sid. The composition on that 1st one is really nice. Gives you that feeling of depth and distance. Very kewl thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    rutt, your giving me flashbacks...

Here's what I see in the photos:
    1) herring bone! herring bone!
    2) V1!
    3) V2! V2! (must be regular V2 if she's that fast)
    4) V2-alternate! (these guys look more like they're cruising the flats)

Damn, the head coach even looks like Coach Fitzpatrick. If you didn't post his kids, I'd have sworn it was him still at it!!

:D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]