Options

Circle of Photographers

StetsonStetson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 17, 2005 in The Big Picture
I recently found this site, Circleofphotographers.com, and they chose one of my photos for publicationin their manuscript. Does anyone know about these guy's?
Are they legit?

Comments

• Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    [size=-2]I hereby certify that I have taken this photograph and that as such, it reflects my own efforts and creativity. I understand that it might be published by Circleofphotographers.com on the Internet or as part of a manuscript. The community of photographers who use this website for self-expression will also be able to view and share my photograph, always as my original work and under my own copyright in the various ways described on this website[/size]
    did you submit your photo via the form this copyright notice was attached to? Just wondering because, while it is only a tenuous possibility, the punctuation is such that, it appears (if this is the complete extent of the agreement you both made), circleofphotographers.com may retain the copyright privilidges of any image they actively publish (on the web or in print) and that it only remains yours in the 'shared' form (this assumes there is a separate display/sharing facility they have apart from those they print, if ya get what I mean).

This is purely semantic and I would surmise it is mostly an oversite on their behalf, and even if worst came to absolute worst and it was contested in court such a semantic point would be overlooked infavour of the owner of the picture.

But it looks like you're not the only one submitting things to that site and it all looks totally above board to me.

(do I sound like a bored law student yet :uhoh)

Colin
  • Options
    StetsonStetson Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 17, 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    did you submit your photo via the form this copyright notice was attached to? Just wondering because, while it is only a tenuous possibility, the punctuation is such that, it appears (if this is the complete extent of the agreement you both made), circleofphotographers.com may retain the copyright privilidges of any image they actively publish (on the web or in print) and that it only remains yours in the 'shared' form (this assumes there is a separate display/sharing facility they have apart from those they print, if ya get what I mean).

This is purely semantic and I would surmise it is mostly an oversite on their behalf, and even if worst came to absolute worst and it was contested in court such a semantic point would be overlooked infavour of the owner of the picture.

But it looks like you're not the only one submitting things to that site and it all looks totally above board to me.

(do I sound like a bored law student yet :uhoh)

Colin

Yeah I did. I fiigured it looked pretty much on the up and up. If I run into any
    trouble I'll hire you as my lawyer!

Stan
  • Options
    pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Stetson wrote:
    Yeah I did. I fiigured it looked pretty much on the up and up. If I run into any
    trouble I'll hire you as my lawyer!

Stan
    heh heh

give it a coupla years ... and a change of country and I may well oblige :D

I rekon you'll be fine mate, like you say it all looks on the up and up and with as many pics as they've got there, if they were screwing all those people out of their copyright we'd have heard about it by now.