Options

Horses

energiesportsenergiesports Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 13, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
My first time on this board. Looking for some honest opinions of this horse shot I got while being out in the pasture at one of the local barns.

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2004
    Nice horses (the grey looks a bit arab...hmmm both arabs ?)...can you post a bigger pic ?
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2004
    They look pretty good but itis a bit small to really look at. Can you post another bigger one?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2004
    wave.gif Good to have you here, Energy. Post plenty, folks here have an appetite for it.

Nice pose with the horsies. Is the back one fully in focus? A little hard to tell with the small pic. Things that might make the shot even better are different lighting - it's a little flat, no highlights, doesn't add anything to the shot - and a more interesting background, or a background that's out of focus, so as to make the horses stand-out.

Nice shot, mate or matesse. mwink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Nice horses (the grey looks a bit arab...hmmm both arabs ?)...can you post a bigger pic ?
    Humungus, The gray is an Arabian....not sure of the other. Have no way to post a larger one at the moment since the attachments have to be a certain size.
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    wave.gif Good to have you here, Energy. Post plenty, folks here have an appetite for it.

Nice pose with the horsies. Is the back one fully in focus? A little hard to tell with the small pic. Things that might make the shot even better are different lighting - it's a little flat, no highlights, doesn't add anything to the shot - and a more interesting background, or a background that's out of focus, so as to make the horses stand-out.

Nice shot, mate or matesse. mwink.gif
    WxWax, I am outside and it was kinda overcast which is probably why it looks a little flat. What would you suggest to get better highlights next time. Can't use a flash around the horses, some spook when you do so not a good idea.

The rear one is more in focus than the other and they were just so close to that darn fence that I could not throw the background out of focus more without using photoshop to do it.

Particulars are as follows: ISO 100, Aperature 5.0, Speed 1/180, Shot with a Canon 10D and a 100-400 f4.5/5.6 IS at 285mm.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2004
    Cropped Horses
    Energy,

I cropped out the white pole in the original, it was distracting to the major elements for me. I think it also minimized the background's influence. Highlighted and worked with the shawdows as much as I could off your pic, I love shooting wildlife...

2834897-M.jpg

Deacon
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2004
    WxWax, I am outside and it was kinda overcast which is probably why it looks a little flat. What would you suggest to get better highlights next time.

Wait for the light, I'm afraid. I'm slooooowly learning that lesson. Doesn't suit my impatient temperament.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au