IMG_2903.jpg
IMG_2870.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    Hey Andrew,

Nice shots, I especially like the kids in number 8!

I was just in Chicago a few weeks ago and saw that fountain as well, what a great concept!

Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2007
    #3 is awesome. I think you are supposed to tell the story that goes with the fun photos ... were you a bird or a plane?
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    Andrew.CAndrew.C Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2007
    quark wrote:
    #3 is awesome. I think you are supposed to tell the story that goes with the fun photos ... were you a bird or a plane?

Haha, I certainly wish I was Superman.

I was actually at the top of The Sears tower, and took that particular picture out of the bottom part of the window, not expecting much.

Glad you liked it! :D
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2007
    rustic wrote:
    Hey Andrew,

Nice shots, I especially like the kids in number 8!

I was just in Chicago a few weeks ago and saw that fountain as well, what a great concept!

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

I really expected to get no feedback of any kind, assuming that I was a novice in an ocean of seasoned professionals. I'm glad we have some nice people on these forums.

Isn't Chicago amazing?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited August 20, 2007
    Andrew.C wrote:
    Thanks!
    Isn't Chicago amazing?

It is. I don't get down there very often. Your pictures do it justice, Andrew. Looks like the sun was hiding that day. Sorry about that. Millenium Park is quite the place, isn't it?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    It is. I don't get down there very often. Your pictures do it justice, Andrew. Looks like the sun was hiding that day. Sorry about that. Millenium Park is quite the place, isn't it?

Thanks, I appreciate that. beer.gif

That was the one thing I disliked about taking pictures that day; it was really overcast. I took the train there hoping to get some great pictures of a sunset with the buildings, but no luck.

I would live in Chicago just for Millenium Park, haha!
  • Options
    Artur C.Artur C. Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2007
    Shot 2 is my favorite above all. For me it really gives a sense of the everyday life of a big city. Crossing paths with so many faces you will almost never meet, each with their own story to tell. Very nice photos. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2007
    Artur C. wrote:
    Shot 2 is my favorite above all. For me it really gives a sense of the everyday life of a big city. Crossing paths with so many faces you will almost never meet, each with their own story to tell. Very nice photos. Thanks.

Thank YOU! I secretly felt that number 2 was the best, and I'm glad you liked it.