Options

A Soothing Green

TreehuggerTreehugger Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited July 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
First time on the forum, and I welcome any comments.
These were not taken with a digital camera, however they seem to fit within the category.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41bdbb0dzcf7aeebe/3833/__sr_/f252.jpg?phXjiFCBWSQ_xxlM

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41bdbb0dzcf7aeebe/3833/__sr_/99b9.jpg?ph6miFCBkkEJEKlg

Comments

• Options
    Isaac DwyerIsaac Dwyer Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Broken links
    Treehugger wrote:
    First time on the forum, and I welcome any comments.
    These were not taken with a digital camera, however they seem to fit within the category.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41bdbb0dzcf7aeebe/3833/__sr_/f252.jpg?phXjiFCBWSQ_xxlM

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41bdbb0dzcf7aeebe/3833/__sr_/99b9.jpg?ph6miFCBkkEJEKlg

I cant seem to open the links. Here is a pretty good walk through on linking images in this forum: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Thanks. Here they are again:
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2005
    50 view, but no comments? ne_nau.gif Should I bother posting at all? Hate it, love it, it's average or ok... all I'd like is an opinion.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Treehugger wrote:
    50 view, but no comments? ne_nau.gif Should I bother posting at all? Hate it, love it, it's average or ok... all I'd like is an opinion.
    I'm a rookie, so I don't know how much my opinions are worth.

The first shot seems too busy for me. There's nothing that my eye wants to focus on and see.

It's almost the same for the second shot. There doesn't seem to be a real subject to look at.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    rolleyes1.gif You sound frustrated, TH. Patience. Keep posting pics, you'll get feedback. I get what you were going for. IMHO, the piccies would benefit from stronger composition, more color saturation (scanning issue maybe?) and more light. How's that? :D

Welcome aboard, relax, enjoy the company. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 20, 2005
    Treehugger wrote:
    Hiya Hugs. Welcome to dgrin. Most of us couldn't see your pics at first...

I'll agree with some other comments; nice attempts but perhaps a clearer message in your composition?
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Hi TreeHugger,
    Welcome to the forum!
    On the first pic, I had to look for a while to see the details. For some reason, the stream is blurred in with the reflection toward the rear center. Maybe a bit of curves or levels would bring out the highs and lows.

I like the second pic a bit better because of it's simplicity. I'd call it a leafscape. It also could use a bit of levels adjustment to bring out the brights where the sun is hitting the leaves. Don't darken the darks or you'll lose the details in the darker leaves. It makes me want to look longer to see if I can see behind the leaves. Sort of pulls me in. It would be stronger if the branches were larger. It could use stronger lines.

Keep posting. Just give us a little time to respond. Most of us have jobs during the week and pop in when we can. Great start. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Welcome Treehuggerwave.gif you may not get a comment immediately but perhaps many new folks or guests viewing who feel unable to comment. I've been popping in and out all day and only just saw your post.

Keep posting :D
    Lynn
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 20, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Welcome Treehuggerwave.gif you may not get a comment immediately but perhaps many new folks or guests viewing who feel unable to comment. I've been popping in and out all day and only just saw your post.

Keep posting :D
    Lynn
    It would be nice though if more people took a moment to comment on what they view. Treehugger wondered why there were so few comments after so many views. Certainly at this writing he had 89 hits and only 9 comments.

I've noticed that on some of my posts as well however I always try to comment on photos I view. Even when I can't offer technical or experienced advice, I at least say hi and acknowledge the photog's effort.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    I'm glad you posted your shots, as it has helped me decide about a shot I took today and was considering entering it in the challange. But, it suffers from the same lack of a good focal point, + others :cry. Anywho point is we all help each other in these ways. Just post, reply, enjoy.

something missing??
    16215800-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll try working on the composition here, but I rather like the how the water and greenery fade into one giving the photo a soothing mysterious feel.