Options

?s about Stylus Photo RX500 and Photoshop 8

Digital NDDigital ND Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Howdy folks, I just recently got a Stylus Photo RX500 (all in one) and was looking forward to the new borderless printing. Here's my problem.
I use Photoshop 8 (mac) and have found that I have 3 major problems.

1)Borders. I resized my images to 4x6 and was given the clipping warning. The images printed with 1/4" borders. I've looked into the image data and seen that there is a border mentioned and, quite frankly, haven't gotten around to figuring out how to get to this setting because of the other two problems.

2)Color Balance. The printer has it's own two color profiles and neither of these are even remotely usable with TIFFs or JPEGS. I have been printing digitally for enough years to be accustomed to having to tweak color balance and saturation, but this is absurd.

3) Banding. When I printed my first couple 4x6's, I discovered a constant degree of this and nearly returned it that day figuring that it was defective.

Now the twist. This printer has a built in multi card reader, so I snapped a few pics with my D70 in RAW (well, Nikon's lossless compression), popped the card in the printer and followed the instructions to print 4x6 borderless. What I got was a properly printed and color balanced borderless 4x6 print.

In the following experimentation I have found that I can actually save my photoshop images as TIFFs, save them to my CF card and print.

As a side note, I am running OS 10.3.0.

Anybody with any advice?

Comments

• Options
    bhamelsbhamels Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 18, 2005
    Same Problem
    I am having the exact same problem with my RX500. The color is way off when printing out of photoshop but fine if printing raw from the card. HELP SOMEONE!!!
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Did you shoot sRGB or RGB... I've heard that this can make a difference with the prints.