Options

Photo Info

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in Technique
What program in windows do you use to get the photo info like you can get on smug mug?

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Almost any photo-editing sw will give you that info. If you want a freebie, try irfanview, but it's pretty limited.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    I have Photoshop CS.

Where is the info found? Excuse my ignorance.headscratch.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    I have Photoshop CS.

Where is the info found? Excuse my ignorance.headscratch.gif
    Nothing ignorant about your question. It's a cause of trouble for a lot of people.

If you just want to view the EXIF data recorded by your camera, you can use the File Browser.

If you want to create JPEGs (for uploading to smugmug) that contain EXIF data, there are a couple methods.
    1. Create the JPEGs using the Save As command from the file menu.
    2. Use Edit in ImageReady (it's a button on the tool pallete and it's a command in the File menu). Once in ImageReady in the Optimize Palette click on the Settings button in the Options section:
    16097490-M.jpg

Then in the Output Settings dialog make sure that Add EXIF Metadata is checked:

16097493-M.jpg

Now when you run the Save Optimized or Save Optimized As command to generate a JPEG, ImageReady will place the EXIF data in your JPEG.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Thanks.

PS is an amazing program, but I think I can spend the rest of my life and never realize all of its potential.
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Thanks.

PS is an amazing program, but I think I can spend the rest of my life and never realize all of its potential.
    nod.gif