Options

Diamondback update

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited February 19, 2005 in Sports
Saturday the D'Backs were up against the Devil Rays in the playoffs. The Devil Rays are by far the best team in the league, largely because of this kid, Sam. They are 11 and 3. On Saturday, Sam pitched a no hitter against the D'Backs.

5111304-L.jpg

His fast ball just smoked:

5110775-L.jpg

5110828-L.jpg

Final score, Devil Rays 4, D'Backs 0. The playoffs are double elmination, so we are not out yet. But now we have to play 5 games in order to qualify to play the Devil Rays again for the chapionship. Tuesday night we play the Expos again and the loser is out.
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2004
    rutt wrote:

His fast ball just smoked:
    5110828-L.jpg
    What a great shot. There are very few dSLRs that would have got the sequence. The responsiveness of your camera was one of the really big reasons why I ordered mine the same day that you let me try yours. Did you see my thread on the 1d Mark II response speed.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2004
    The smoking glove is a great shot, Rutt! thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2004
    Great shot Rutt, the smoking glove.. that would look great blown up don't ya think?
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 14, 2004
    awesome shot Rutt!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited June 14, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    awesome shot Rutt!
    Sam's smoke made for this good photo opportunity, but it really shut down the D'Backs. The game really was just about him. I suppose that's how no hitters work, eh?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2004
    Just a superb capture Rutt. Well done, as always you provide this site with some fine images.

Tim
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    just moving stuff over & saw the smoking glove, what an awsome shot!!
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 18, 2005
    What a shot Rutt ^5
    WOW!! What timing thumb.gif

The smokin glove is a great shot. As Lynn mentioned, it deserves to be blown up real BIG clap.gif

Hope your team gets another shot at Sam eek7.gif At this level, it's usually the team with the best pitching that wins it all :uhoh But even the best pitchers have off days :D

Good luck and thanks for posting this awesome shot,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Nice squence (ok I will admit, jealous of your camera) ok got that out.

The smoking glove is great (and even the shot before it) but is there anyway to move along the field so you can see his face, maybe not even straight on, so you can see some of his face and the smoke on the open background. I know baseball/softball can be maddening with the people in the background, but just an idea.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Nice squence (ok I will admit, jealous of your camera) ok got that out.

The smoking glove is great (and even the shot before it) but is there anyway to move along the field so you can see his face, maybe not even straight on, so you can see some of his face and the smoke on the open background. I know baseball/softball can be maddening with the people in the background, but just an idea.
    The most frustrating about shooting baseball like this is the restrictions on where you are allowed. Some young umps where a little less strict, but then the head ump ruled against me. This spring I plan to check out the Babe Ruth League. I don't think they have such nice fields or fences.
    If not now, when?