Options

$$$$$$$

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited February 20, 2005 in Cameras
It's raining and nasty outside, as I sit by the fire, not really enjoying the last log. I am in deep contemplation. What have I done? It's soooo BIG, and HEAVY! I think I need to start lifting weights. Do I really need this, or is this just the sickness? A decision is climbing up out of my gut, strugling to find daylight. OK, it's settled then. I keep it. :D

Sam

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    It's raining and nasty outside, as I sit by the fire, not really enjoying the last log. I am in deep contemplation. What have I done? It's soooo BIG, and HEAVY! I think I need to start lifting weights. Do I really need this, or is this just the sickness? A decision is climbing up out of my gut, strugling to find daylight. OK, it's settled then. I keep it. :D

Sam

ne_nau.gif i don't see the problem! everyone should carry the leadpipe, my goodness, what if you got mugged? you need a weapon.

have fun with it lol3.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Tie a rope on it & drag it like a hound.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    Sam, I really don't know what you are talking about. It can't weigh more than my 300L lens, and I put an extender on it.

We can lift it, sure we can.

But how do we walk anywhere carrying these things and all else?
    I sat down today to take photos of my dogs, and that was after walking to the backyard.

No, it cannot be dragged through the mud, it must be protected at all times. After all, we might want to sell it and get something bigger.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    geez...quit being such a girly man. the IS version is half a pound heavier and you don't hear people bitching about that, do ya? hmm? do ya?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Sam, I really don't know what you are talking about. It can't weigh more than my 300L lens, and I put an extender on it.
    Actually, it weighs about 0.4lb more than your 300/4.
    We can lift it, sure we can.
    Ever watch Bob the Builder?

No, it cannot be dragged through the mud, it must be protected at all times. After all, we might want to sell it and get something bigger.
    Ah...see, that's the beauty of the Pelican case. You can tie a rope on it and drag it behind an R1150GS over rain-rutted forest roads. nod.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2005
    As soon as I was used to my 70-200/2.8, I sold it and got the IS version. eek7.gif
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Ah...see, that's the beauty of the Pelican case. You can tie a rope on it and drag it behind an R1150GS over rain-rutted forest roads. nod.gif
    rolleyes1.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Ah...see, that's the beauty of the Pelican case. You can tie a rope on it and drag it behind an R1150GS over rain-rutted forest roads.
    My buddy has two Pelican cases for testing. He wants to see how waterproof they are. I asked around and the local police bomb squad will fire a water cannon at it to see how well it is built. I will post the video link when the test is done.