Options

Share your SmugMug success story

PhotoWriterGalPhotoWriterGal Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 6, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm writing a book for Photopreneur Publishing aimed at helping photographers find other online outlets for their work. SmugMug is going to be featured in it along with some of their professional photographers. Are you interested in being interviewed for the book? I'm looking for photographers who are attaining consistent success with their SmugMug website. I'm especially interested in interviewing people who have had some success with selling more than just prints, people who do a steady business with the gift items. Anyone interviewed will get credited, possibly have their site depicted in screenshot(s) and/or have some of the work spotlighted, plus get a link to their website if they choose.

Oriana@photopreneur.com

Comments

• Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 25, 2007
    clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    northphotonorthphoto Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    Sure why not!

Let me know what the next step is?

Thanks

Paul

northphoto@gmail.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2007
    northphoto wrote:
    Sure why not!

Let me know what the next step is?

Thanks

Paul

northphoto@gmail.com
    Thank YOU, Paul wings.gif
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I am not sure I use smugmug the way you hope, but I am a happy customer and use lots of other features in ways you might not expect.

Let me know if I can help.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    Man i never sold an image but SmugMug realy made me popular. eek7.gif
    http://awais.smugmug.com/gallery/2861655
    And these are not because of Pro power basic account this is because of SmugMug eek7.gif
    My professional (headscratch.gif) looking galleries impacts very well on nearly everyone. Thats why i got my 1st Professional assignment of food photography of Serena Hotel eek7.gif
    (Quite a lot for starter and point and shooter)
    SmugMug is secret
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2007
    I don't get all that many gift purchases, but I do have steady print and digital image sales. I'm game but an interview will probably have to wait until after September 12th when I get back from South America. I'm gonna be pretty busy over the next few days but if the interview is a list of well crafted questions I could answer them via email before leaving. mwink.gif

-JD

jd@87gt.com
  • Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2007
    I also do not get many gift orders but my business has really taken off since I joined Smugmug :D And all of my clients are very impressed with my smugmug website :D
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    PhotoWriterGalPhotoWriterGal Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 1, 2007
    Thanks all for your help, especially Paul, Jessica and Heather! I have all the interviews I need at this time--unless you've had major success with the gift items.

~Orianaclap.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Oriana would like to hear from pros who've sold lots of gift items deal.gif