Options

SOLD: 60Gb Portable Storage/Media Reader

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited September 8, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
I have a used 60GB mediaGear Flash HD To Go for sale.

Original specs can be viewed at
http://www.mymediagear.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=50

Works as an external USB drive or as a 9-in-1 media reader.
Rechargeable battery.

I got it used here at dgrin a couple of years ago. It came with a leather-like case and a AC charger/power source. I never had a box or a s/w, but never need one, either.

Reason for sale: getting a newer version of a portable storage w/ larger capacity.
It's essentially in the same very nice shape as I got it, I only took it to a few trips.

If you are looking for a basic portable storage, this 60Gb 9-in-1 baby can be yours for only
Final Price Drop: $79 paypalled and shipped to ConUS.
Advanced shipping options and shipping globally are also possible, PM me for details.

I can take pictures of it if you need them, otherwise look on the aforementioned site.
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    Pics, etc.
    01: MediaGear 60Gb Flash HD To Go next to Canon 30D and 17-55 lens, along with case and AC power/charger:

191883098-L.jpg

02: Front panel:

191883147-L.jpg

03: Top panel, left to right:
    - HDD/CF reader switch
    - USB2.0 "small" port
    - CF slot
    - DC socket:

191883207-L.jpg

04: Side panel with SM and SM/SD/MMC slots :

191883270-L.jpg

05: All possible icons are brifly lit upon startup.
    FWIW, I never saw Error word under any other circumstances.:

191883337-L.jpg

06: Normal startup.
    There is a little "smuge"-like area on the LCD panel. It does not prevent from seeing anything and does not limit the functionality. I have no idea where it came from, but I though I point it out.:

191883408-L.jpg

HTH
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    Some FAQ
    1) LCD is not for viewing pictures, it's only for status display
    2) Hence no problem with any types of files.
    You can use it as a storage not only for photos
    3) When connected to a PC/Mac it can be used either as a USB2.0 external drive OR as a 9-in-1 media reader
    4) I only used it against 1Gb and 2Gb CF cards. I never experienced battery problems, but again, I always tried to keep it charged. Maximum on-battery load I ever did was to unload 2x2Gb cards (I simply never had a need for more:-)
    5) Card reading can be sluggish, but hey, it's not a $300 device either mwink.gif
    I would not recommend it for modern large capacity (8Gb+) cards, but I used it for 2Gb and lesser cards without any hiccups.
    6) HDD speed is USB2
    7) I only used it with CF and MS, so I don't know personally how SD or MMC slots operate. I have no reason to doubt them, either.
    8) Battery seems to be in a good shape. The device was sitting in the drawer for 6 months at least, I hooked it up today, and in a couple minutes battery showed full charge :-) I wish my AA accumulators were like that.
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2007
    Anybody?
    Wednesday Night Bump
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2007
    Price drop
    $99 --> $89
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2007
    Final price drop
    $99 --> $89 --> $79
  • Options
    carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Nikolai,

Will this read sandisk ultra II SD cards? the specks don't list it but I thought I would ask. they are the only thing I have and all my older readers can't read them.

Thanks
    Carl
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2007
    carmel6942 wrote:
    Nikolai,

Will this read sandisk ultra II SD cards? the specks don't list it but I thought I would ask. they are the only thing I have and all my older readers can't read them.

Thanks

Specs (on mftr side) actually do list SD:-), so i think it should.

Just be aware the reader is relatively slow, so I wouldn't recommend it for modern large cards (I myself was using it against 2Gb SanDisk Ultra II CF cards).

HTH
  • Options
    carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Specs (on mftr side) actually do list SD

Oops, I was meaning the ultra II portion, I had a Sandisk 12 in 1 Media Reader (purchased in January 06) that I was using with regular SD cards. When I purchased my ultra II's I had to update to a newer reader that supported the ultra II because it would not even recognize the card. Great price but I don't want to take the chance it won't read my cards.
    Sorry.
    Carl
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2007
    carmel6942 wrote:
    Oops, I was meaning the ultra II portion, I had a Sandisk 12 in 1 Media Reader (purchased in January 06) that I was using with regular SD cards. When I purchased my ultra II's I had to update to a newer reader that supported the ultra II because it would not even recognize the card. Great price but I don't want to take the chance it won't read my cards.
    Sorry.
    Carl, sorry mate, can't tell ya, don't have any SD II Ultra SD around to test ne_nau.gif
    OTOH, I never had a problem like this myself with any readers.
    Standards kinda provide for compatibility, so maybe it was simply a bad piece of a hardware?