Options

Night Shots in the Capital

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 8, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Hey Everyone!

I've been out shooting some night time shots near the Washington Monument. I haven't edited any of these, other than cropping. Any C&C you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

_DSC0003.jpg

_DSC0007.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

_DSC0024.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    Hey Everyone!

I've been out shooting some night time shots near the Washington Monument. I haven't edited any of these, other than cropping. Any C&C you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there Pixel Popper, I like the first shot and the last shot :D

The first shot almost gives you the impression that it's spinning because of the motion of the flags on the poles rolleyes1.gif

What I like about the last shot is the captured motion of the flags,
    they look like they were flapping about quite a lot.

Good Series Pixel Popper clap.gif ... thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    Hey Howard,

I'm surprised there aren't more comments here. I really like the effect ofthe moving flags! That's something I don't see often from shots that come out of DC. I admit that DC is actually one of my least favorite places to photograph but I love the contrast of lights and darks as well as the juxtaposition of straight and curvy lines. The silhouettes of the people down at the bottom of the monument is excellent, too. thumb.gif

If you wanted to edit them, I'm sure these could use a little more pop (what shot doesn't?) but they look really darned good for being straight off the camera. There are of course a few stray elements that could be cloned out (i.e. the horizontal light on the left in #1, window in #2, the wall at the bottom of #3, the wires in #4, etc) but I dunno if you want to go that far.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    These are wonderful loved the flag shots
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2007
    schmooo wrote:

If you wanted to edit them, I'm sure these could use a little more pop (what shot doesn't?) but they look really darned good for being straight off the camera. There are of course a few stray elements that could be cloned out (i.e. the horizontal light on the left in #1, window in #2, the wall at the bottom of #3, the wires in #4, etc) but I dunno if you want to go that far.

Thanks everyone. I agree with the comments about the edits necessary to make them pop. I am such a novice with Photoshop (on top of having a rather old version of it) that it might take me a while to figure out how to accomplish your great suggestions. None the less I am going to give it the ol' college try. Thanks, again.